Worried I've done the wrong thing

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Worried I've done the wrong thing

Postby Dianeb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

I've been getting LRC and LRM since October 2010 for depression, anxiety, panic attacks, neuropathy, diabetes, asthma and underactive thyroid - or at least how they affect me. I've just been told by my GP that the pain I've been suffering the past 6 months or more is fibromyalgia. I've been referred to rheumy and appointment is next Feb. I honestly thought I had just osteoarthritis in my neck but then my hips and pelvis, lower back, arms and ankles started causing me pain and it has worsened so much that I can no longer dress my lower half, get in or out of bath, walk without pain. I've been put on Acupan and amytriptyline as can't take Gabapentin due to my other meds.

So, as I am now practically housebound, can rarely drive my car as it is manual, have to have my adult son help me look after myself and can barely walk, sit or lay without pain I decided to ask for a supersession. At the moment my mobility is based on my anxiety and panic attacks. I stumble more now and have fallen. My feet are incredibly painful - maybe because of neuropathy. An automatic car would make the world of difference to my life. I work full time but am incredibly lucky to be working from home in an office next door to my bedroom. I have a big memory foam chair insert and take a half hour break every hour and a half. It doesn't matter if I don't get dressed because nobody is there to help me, I can stay in a dressing gown.

So, my fear, and it is overwhelming me at the moment, is - have I done the right thing. With all the horror stories about benefits being taken away I am panicking I will lose the little I do get. Forms were filled in with help from Welfare rights and GP wrote a letter of support. I'm in a right state worrying, not heard from DWP yet but they did tell me when I phoned that they had got my forms on 4th Dec.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: Worried I've done the wrong thing

Postby Gaia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 am

I wouldn't worry too much because you haven't heard anything yet. It won't necessarily mean you have done anything wrong. My husband's forms were sent back at the start of Sept and he is still waiting for a date for his assessment. When he telephoned them to chase it up, he was told there is a 12 - 20 week backlog :yikes:

Try not to worry too much. It's not helpful and will only make your conditions worse ((hugs))
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby gary15871 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:12 am

i have just recently had my esa wrag which i appealed against in nov 2011 revised and now been put in esa support group took 13 months its nota quick process by any means you just have to not worry yourself as stress can cause flare ups with fibro just carry on as u are and join the waiting game
gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:16 am

I wouldn't worry, especially as you had help to complete the forms for you.

I recently asked for my claim to be looked at again even though it was not due to run out till april 2013.

The most recent reply from DLA was to award me the same HRM and LRC for the nect two years.

Maybe I should have gone down the route of getting someone to complete my forms too as you tend to get a more favourable outcome if you do.

I intend to appeal the decision and I have just received the relevent form from DLA to complete.

Good luck,

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you all for the lovely replies. I think because of my anxiety disorder the panic is setting in. I just wish I could fast forward however many weeks to get a reply, but I guess we are all like that :lol:

My award was till October 2015 so I feel I've risked it. We shouldn't be put in this position should we, condition gets worse and we worry about if supersession is the right thing to do in case we lose the lot.

Anyone any idea on the timescales at the moment? I'm just told the standard 'up to 12 weeks but could be quicker' I don't expect they will contact my GP again as it was all enclosed in the letter of support he did but you never know. I didn't have a medical last time as went on my medical records and the form. If I'm to have one this time they will need to come to me and it will have to be when either hubby or son is here as I panic terribly with strangers.

I'm so pants at waiting!
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am

It took them all of 4 weeks to turn me down :nono: :nono: :nono:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Try not to panic, (difficult I know) its out of your hands now and all you can do is wait, hopefully your docs letter will help plus you have had help filling in the forms so there are a lot of positives to hold onto. If the worst comes to the worst appeal but you already have an award and you have your GP's support so :fingerscrossed: everything will be OK dont doubt yourself :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dianeb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks everyone. I got a letter today saying claim received and being looked at and to allow 11 weeks. Not allowed to contact them till that time is up. Nothing I can do now but wait.

On the plus side, my new pink bling walking stick arrived. If I've got to use one it's just got to be pink :lol: :lol: :lol:

:santchimney1: :xmastree1: :snowing1:
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 am

Haha Dianeb, i was the same re walking sticks. I got a pink sparkly one too, makes you feel better about using it lol.
Im waiting for my appeal of dla too. Mines runs out in dec 2014. Trying to get mrc as get lrc at the moment and i get hrm, was scared at appeaking too, but thought i would try, but was worried about losing what i have already got, think itsbeen 4/5 weeks, not heard anything yet, they said up to 11 weeks too.
Hope you hear something before your 11 week wait.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am

I wish you the very best of luck Vic, hope you get the outcome you are looking for. I'm of the mind that I'd accept my care being low rate, even though it should be middle, but I am praying for HRM as being able to get a little automatic car would give me some of my life back.

:goodluck2: to you and everyone going through this awful wait
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:12 am

Hi Diane , :xmaswave1: I got DLA in 2011 for 2 yrs..... high rate mobility and low rate care due to a back injury. I was DX with FM in Feb this year but didn't go for a re-evaluation mainly because I rely so much on my little automatic car I was able to get with the HRM.

I know having more symptoms shouldn't negativly effect how they view your claim but didn't want to rock the boat as not sure that the FX has given many more care issues, although OH does have to help dress my lower half more often but not daily plus he would help me out of bed in the morning or in the night if I needed to get to the bathroom and was too stiff & sore to do it myself.

I now have the renewal claim form which I need to get back asap , so scared with the revamp of the system that I will not be eligible for my car, as the little I do get out would be down to nothing if they took my car away. Just knowing it is there is a real comfort.

Good luck with your claim , as its in the system the best you can do is forget about it for a while and try and enjoy :xmastree1:

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Dianeb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am

Well, that was a waste of time - decision taken, no change. Didn't speak to me, my GP, my physio or anyone involved in my care. They obviously haven't read that I can't dress myself, walk with sticks when I can walk, can't bath, can't stand properly.
So that's it, destined to be trapped in these 4 walls now. I'm really not sure how much more of this I can cope with.
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh Dianeb thats not good news, are you going to appeal it again?
I havnt heard anything back from mines yet, was told it could be 11 weeks so think by the end of this month i should know more, i dont hold out much hope though.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm

hi
i rang dla today and they had made a decision on my appeal and they are keepin it the same as before so i am stayin on lrc and hrm, im just going to leave it as that, i dont fancy going for a tribunal or anything like that as was a risk to appeal in the first place
vic
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits