Appeal going in - let the fight begin.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Appeal going in - let the fight begin.

Postby Dianeb » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:03 pm

I am so angry it's beyond belief. :scream-1:

I recieved my letter today telling me why my supersession was denied. I already have LRC and LRM awarded in 2010.

And apparently, this DM knows me better than my GP, or even myself.

Supposedly I can walk, allbeit slowly and in a poor manner. Well yes, but the question is HOW FAR CAN I WALK before severe discomfort. That's 3-4 steps at most due do neuropathy making it feel like I am stepping in glass and the severe pain in my hip and lower back from osteoarthritis. I can't even walk the length of my drive which is 3 car lengths without being in agony. And I can walk in a poor manner - yep, that is because I can't feel my feet properly so causes me to stumble and fall. Forget the fact that one trip in the car and walk round our local shop (corner shop, not supermarket) wears me out for 2-3 days. I am so pleased I can walk without pain and at a speed that is faster than a snail - didn't realise it was all in my mind.

And for Care, I need help preparing a meal, getting up and downstairs, getting in and out a chair and moving about indoors. Glad we agree on those DWP. However, you must know more about me than my family because apparently my husband doesn't have to stand in the bath to help me get out of it - or help me balance in the shower - nope...according to you I can do that myself without problem. Apparently I can dress myself without assistance - If I was to go out wearing the clothes I can get on I'd be arrested for indecent exposure because I CANNOT DRESS MY LOWER HALF. But then I suppose they don't know the humiliation of getting your 25 year old son to put your knickers on when your husband isn't here. And apparently I can eat and drink. Yep - I can do that, if someone puts it in front of me. I have severe depression, anxiety and panic attacks and I just cannot be arsed most of the time unless someone is there pushing me. Give me the choice and I'll stay in bed all day, won't eat, drink, dress etc. But thankfully my family won't allow me that choice and bully me to get up. They also have to make sure I take my medication because I forget - and my award in 2010 was because I am at risk of neglecting myself but magically, according to the DWP that's all better now.

So thank you Mr or Mrs Decision Maker for totally ignoring the support statements I sent in, the GP letter I sent in and my own information. Thank you for implying that everyone who knows me is a liar and you - a faceless person who I am never going to meet, knows all about me.

All I can say is thank heavens for Welfare Rights who are as amazed as me. I have also taken this up with my MP.

So, you want a fight - you got one. Cause one thing you forgot about me, when I am mad....watch out because I'll move mountains to right a wrong. And before you say 'she can move mountains, of course she isn't meeting the criteria.....it's not to be taken literally.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: Appeal going in - let the fight begin.

Postby j.allen » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 pm

o dear , i dont think i have any hope now ..........bring on the refusal ..........i wish you luck in your fight and hopefully we will all get the support we need to live as normal a life as we can xx
j.allen
UKFM Member

Postby tracyclarke » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 am

Diane

Good luck hunnie, i know how you feel, i too recieved my letter on Saturday to say that i am perfectly healthy and normal. I also suffer from chronic diohrea, cause is still unknown, chronic anemia and i am a type 2 diabetic.
What annoys me most apart from the fact they think we are all liers, layabouts and scroungers is that i have worked all my life and so has my husband and when we need help we basicaly get told to do one.
I could sit her and write you a list as long as my arm of people i know that get DLA (im not saying that they shouldnt get it) but they are all lot more mobile and able bodied than i am.
I have started a Daily Diary since i got my letter last week telling them how on Monday i had to come home from a socail engagement because i was taken ill very quickly had to spend most of Tuesday in bed, Wednesday tried to go xmas shopping with my friend again after less than an hour was so exhausted could barley get back to the car to get home, tried again after a couple of hours rest and again had to come home after less than half an hour. Today spent the whole day in my PJs as i was in too much pain and too tired to get washed and dressed. And this has been a good week so far in so much as at least i was able to get washed and dressed and out the door in the first place.
I hope you have sucess in your appeal. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2013 may this be the year they take us seriously. xxxx
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Tracy, it's bewildering to me how they make their decisions. I am going through a whole wave of emotions, desperation when I got told, disbelief when I got the letter, then anger and today I've woken up in so much pain and can barely move. Oh well, the OT who is coming later is going to see me at my worst.

One thing I do know is we can't give up, we really can't. I do like the idea of a diary and will start that myself. You keep on fighting, and if your MP is Labour....get in there :lol: If he's condem I wouldn't approach him.

Like you I have worked my entire life since 16, I have only ever had SSP and for a brief time when my children were babies I had income support, about 7-8 months after ex left. My husband has serve 27 years in the military and now works for the RAF as a civilian. He is away from home for 22 days a month with his work because that's what he needs to do to keep his job. Yet, like you I feel we are being tarred with the same brush as spongers. And I know what you mean about seing people more ablebodied who get the top rate of everything. We have one near us, thinks nothing of climbing roof ladders to decorate his house, gardening (and I mean serious digging in a veg garden) and brags about his new motability car, yet he can and does walk for miles. He freely admits there is little wrong with him.

Anyway, I'm putting it to the back of my mind for now and am focusing on a nice family christmas. My wish for everyone is health and happiness for 2013 and if we can't get the health, then please let us get the help we are entitled to.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 pm

OH Dianeb that really make my blood boil when I see folk who have benefits and yet they seem perfectly Ok. especially when you know others are struggling.
(I'm sure I will annoy someone with my next muttering) but after gettin angry at these folk my "be nice" head sneeks on and I have a look more kindly at people .
I get DLA and folk don't see me at my worst as I don't go out on those days . I am at home either in bed or wandering around in my PJ's not having had the strength , energy or wish to have either a shower or something to eat. This is me 2-4 days a week and I rely on cups of tea & biscuits for something to eat .

What I'm trying to say is I'm sure there are folk out there who wonder how I have managed to get DLA as they only see me on good days ...perhaps these other folk are the same?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Dianeb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I completely agree with you on that Iceskatemum. I do take exception to those who freely admit to playing the system. They make me mad.

On a positive note, my OT has just been and I'm getting a new stair rail, a frame around the downstairs loo and a bath lifter to help me get in and out the bath. What a help they will be to me. I'm all excited now
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits