DLA again!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA again!

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 am

I put in a claim for DLA in July which was turned down! as the news made me very depressed i adopted the head burying response! i did not appeal in time, well i did not appeal at all!

i put in a fresh application in December and yesterday i received two letters! One dated the 14th saying they have received my claim, and another dated the 17th telling me i am not entitled!

Does anyone know why it was so quick to disallow? am i able to appeal still and is it gonna be worth it as my stress levels have gone thru the roof! :-(
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Re: DLA again!

Postby sank9 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am

They really are a law unto themselves! I put my renewal in beginning of Nov as my present claim runs out end of Feb and I had letter mid Nov saying if I hadn't heard in 8 weeks I could call them. Just a waiting game now and its worrying me silly. You need to appeal straight away. Don't give up as that's what they want us to do
sank9
UKFM Newbie

Postby tracyclarke » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm

YES appeal. Get some help, got CAB or if you have a local disability support group or any other type of organisation. We as Fibro sufferers are intitled to DLA you just have to fight for it.

My appeal will be going in in the next few days also. xx

good luck
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I don't really know you all or your circumstances but you should always ask for a reconsideration and then if your are not happy it goes to an appeal. If it goes to a tribunal they will ask you to attend a medical, tell them you are too unwell and make them come to you. The problem with FMS is that it doesn't disable everyone in the same way and some people can work with it and if you can work then they are less likely to let you have DLA. It took me 8 months to win my appeal for DLA but the back pay was very nice and it took me a year to win my appeal ESA support group, so don't give because has someone already said that is what they want you to do. :santchimney1: :snowing1:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:15 pm

i am in constant agony! i do manage to work between 4and 6 hours a day but i really have to push myself! my legs very often give way due to exhaustion and i fall a lot! everything i do causes me pain and tiredness and Im at the point where i am so depressed and stressed with it all i can't seem to muster the inner strength to fight anymore! i am a shell of who i was a year ago! Im not doing very well! i am in constant agony and don't seem to have good days and bad days! :-(
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby Whiplashsal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 pm

sorry for rambling
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Sorry things are so bad for you at the moment. DLA is payable even if you work , the idea behind it is to help you with your disability. Other have mentioned in previous threads a newsletter that issues guides & guidance on how to fill out the form- I think it is Benefits & Work group ( sorry mods if not allowed to post this ) or you can always seek advice from Citizens advice etc.

good luck with an appeal should you go down that route.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Whiplashsal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am

I submitted my appeal! Keep your fingers crossed ( if u can) for me! x x x x
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 am

Hope all goes well for you with the appeal ...am struggling through my DLA renewal format the moment.

Had been awarded it before for 2 years for my my bad back but now have to fill out the form for bad back, FM & depression! It takes ages and I am more cynical now about how they will read each answer so am taking my time over things . I know according to all the rules & regulations I should be entitled to it but all the adverse publicity in the press in recent times about scroungers etc does make you think more about peoples reactions to you claiming.

Why oh why when you least need it does life become so stressful.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Whiplashsal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 am

Best of luck! I hate having to ask for financial help and appealing to me feels like Im now on my very sore knees begging! I really need to reduce my hours in work but i can't do that for financial reasons! With DLA i may be able to lose a few hours! This Will help immeasurably and i Will also be able to treat my wonderful little boy who looks after me everyday and gives me the strength to go on!
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits