Welfare Reforms

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Welfare Reforms

Postby MCT » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:14 pm

The Welfare Reforms that are being planned for the next few years are going to affect a great many of those with Fibromyalgia and related illnesses & disabilities. Actress/comedienne Francesca Martinez (Twitter account @chessmartinez ) has agreed to head up a petition calling for the DWP to carry out a Cumulative Impact Assessment of the Welfare Reforms that they are wanting to put into place in the next few years http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43154. If it gets at least 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.

It would be great if UK Fibromyalgia members could sign and encourage as many others as possible to do likewise via Twitter/Facebook/word of mouth etc.

Here is the wording of the petition:

"We call for a Cumulative Impact Assessment of Welfare Reform, and a New Deal for sick & disabled people based on their needs, abilities and ambitions

Responsible department: Department for Work and Pensions

We call for:

A Cumulative Impact Assessment of all cuts and changes affecting sick & disabled people, their families and carers, and a free vote on repeal of the Welfare Reform Act.

An immediate end to the Work Capability Assessment, as voted for by the British Medical Association.

Consultation between the Depts of Health & Education to improve support into work for sick & disabled people, and an end to forced work under threat of sanctions for people on disability benefits.

An Independent, Committee-Based Inquiry into Welfare Reform, covering but not limited to: (1) Care home admission rises, daycare centres, access to education for people with learning difficulties, universal mental health treatments, Remploy closures; (2) DWP media links, the ATOS contract, IT implementation of Universal Credit; (3) Human rights abuses against disabled people, excess claimant deaths & the disregard of medical evidence in decision making by ATOS, DWP & the Tribunal Service."
MCT
UKFM Member

Re: Welfare Reforms

Postby denys » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks for the information sounds a good one to get behind :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby linedancer99 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 pm

signed lets hope this has some impact. :-D
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby sha121165 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 pm

signed :-)
sha121165
UKFM Newbie

Postby gimpyphil » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:08 am

Hi,Where have you all been? this has been going on for the last year,I have signed many of these petitions and so far the goverment have just ignored all of them,the trick is they are not forced to debate just to consider it and of course they won't.
Ian duncan smith is the leader of the tory ideal,he wants to grind disabled people into the ground,he will take benifits off you and say you are fit for work.Not only benefits,if you are claiming housing benefits and have a so called "extra" bedroom you will have to pay for it or move out.
I was to have my house adapted,wet room and stairlift but had cancel it as I cannot afford to stay here,will have to find a extra £90 a month to stay.The trouble is there are no one bedroom houses to move into unless you want to move to Wales or up north,so you will have to leave your family behind.
I do not care how anyone votes but if you voted for the tories and have since got disabled you are in their sights,there will be no mercy.I have written to my mp,nick herbert,every week for the last six months,my doctor has written to him but the reply is the same,"don't worry,everything will be ok"he is a liar,everything is not ok,I have had the letter from the council telling me how much I will have to pay in rent and coucil tax from April.I am waiting to be called to ATOS for my DLA assessment,which everyone knows I will fail and that will be that.
I am a man of 56 who until becoming disabled worked seven days a week,has been working since the age of 15.paying tax and stamp.I just don't have fibro,I have had three hip replacments and need another one now but will not bother to have it,none of the others have worked so why go through it again? I have carpel tunnel and deppresion.I am at my wits end with this.THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU,BEWARE.

Phil
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits