dla help

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla help

Postby xXemofairieXx » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:23 pm

hii i dont wanna seem stupid but i have been trying to figure this out with no luck what so ever.
i recently had to redo my dla coz the award ended i was on jst low rate mobility but now im on low rate care and higer rate mobility but it says obviously the amount u get paid is more. all it says is i ave been awarded from the 15/01/2013 for both but im due a payment the 1st of january so will i get the low rate mobility i am on now or the new rate because it starts half way into the month , im jst soooooooooooooooo confused, some help would be much appreciated thanks :)
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Re: dla help

Postby Gaia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm

If your new award is from 15th Jan 2013, then you will get the lower payment that you have already been receiving for the 1st Jan and higher payments from 15th Jan, so your 1st Feb payment will show the lower amount for the first two weeks of January and the higher rate from 15th Jan to 1st Feb. After that your higher rate will commence monthly.

I know it seems confusing, but you will see what I mean when you get your next two payments :lol:
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby xXemofairieXx » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm

i got paid today and its the normal amount not the new amount so will i get the higher amount next month ?
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Postby xXemofairieXx » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:40 am

thanks for the help btw:)
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:44 pm

hopefully all will be sorted out by the next payment. Sometimes takes a while to get letters and payment in sync.

Don't forget if on HRM you are eligible to consider joining the motibility scheme which is a wonderful way to gain car ownership & get any adaptation you may need to keep you mobile.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

It should show in your next payment as Gaia said if it doesnt give them a ring and query it :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby xXemofairieXx » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:38 pm

thanks x
xXemofairieXx
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits