I have just sent a long email to DWP - **UPDATE & CONFUSED**

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I have just sent a long email to DWP - **UPDATE & CONFUSED**

Postby Vikinglotte » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 pm

I have only just joined this site, although I have suffered from Fibro and a host of other illnesses for over 10 years and seeing this thread makes me realise that I am not alone in my battles. My heart goes out to you all. My own experience has been that at first I had no problem getting awarded Incapacity and DLA although this was before diagnosis whilst I was still receiving a lot of treatments and investigations. Unfortunately, over the past 3 years I have had to go to appeal for both my incapacity and DLA (both times I won) and I have just yet again been turned down for what is now ESA so back to court I go. It seems to me that Atos, as they are paid bonuses clearing people for work, are quite happy to lie and cheat and the government is clearly aware of this. I am on my knees with having to face yet another day in court and wonders if anyone knows if they can really do this to people every other year. Is it a case of them beating us into submission?
Vikinglotte
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dianeb » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:37 pm

I got a letter today saying they are still looking at my claim so phoned to update them on my rheumatology appointment today (more xrays and got to wait 5-6 weeks now for MRI scan). Also wanted them to know that since last Monday I have been signed off work with excrutiating pain and am not expected to return for at least 3 months and then on reduced hours.

Anyway, they tell me they got a letter from my GP and the file has been referred to their Medical Services. I asked if that meant I'd be getting a home visit from a doctor and she said no. So why else would my file be sent to medical services and is this something more to worry about or is this a positive step?

On a hopeful note, hubby has an interview for a promotion at work, he currently works in North Devon 300 miles from home - this new role if he gets it is slightly further South....Falkland Islands!!! But it will be a huge payrise and will lift so much pressure off us if he does get it and he'll be 2 months there, one month home so I'll see him more. Fingers crossed for this.

And as if things can't get worse - my house is now unmortgageable and valued as zero!! Yep the new high speed railway will be about 100 metres from my house spoiling an uninterrupted view of fields and woods and meaning myself and my neighbours are paying massive mortgages for a pile of bricks :scream-1:
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 am

Diane look at it as being a positive thing they must be looking at things very thoroughly, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your hubby's interview but sorry to hear about your house, will they give you and your neighbours any compensation :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dianeb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 am

thanks Denys. I was worried as I believe this is ATOS they are referring to and we've all heard the horror stories surrounding them.

Re the house, yes we are eligible for compensation but not until one year after the track is in use - that's 2034 at the earliest!!! Meantime our house is unmortgagable and the value to a cash buyer has halved since the news. We will get free soundproofing....WHOOPPEEE :swear1:
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:42 pm

How disgusting how on earth is that compensation :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits