15 Months down the line and still fighting ..

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: 15 Months down the line and still fighting ..

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 am

happy-new-year-1 :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :happy-new-year-group-1:

What great news, so pleased for you. Now you can look forward to just unwinding after the terrible ordeal they have put you
through. Takecare.
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Guys many thanks for the supportive comments. Its been a long hard road for sure but there is light in the tunnel. Last night I saw a version of my wife that I aint seen in 15 months, and it was damn good to have her back. Something to smile about for a change.

Of course whilst having the financial worry lifted is without doubt a huge relief, the real issue is that having that extra pressure lifted will actually allow us to concentrate on her health which after all is the most improtant thing.

Still think its mad that she started with a mega flawed WCA that yielded 0 points and after all the hurdles they’ve now said yeah she should have been in the support group all along. So they’re not saying yes her condition has now worsened so much that she should be in the Support Group now.

They’re saying that she’s been so bad all along that she should have been in it from the beginning, and so essentially dismissing the original WCA and resulting ESA85 report. But.... they were happy to go to tribunal on the basis of that WCA and ESA85 report and despite me hammering DWP with information prior to the Tribunal in August which they could have taken on board …..credibility, what’s that? :crazy:

So, the future? well just prior to December she'll have to complete a new ESA50 but we're on the right track now so are much wiser with how to deal with that.

Cheers Guys

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm

:happy-new-year-group-1: Mr& Mrs MAcca ,

I'm sure you are both delighted with the outcome although I'm not sure I could have coped with all that you had to go through. Think its terrible that when you are ill you have to go through so much to actually try and prove it. I know I couldn't have gone through all that you did and would have fallen by the way side moths ago . Not sure even if OH could have done what you did for for Mrs Macca.

If there are partner of the year awards ..you get my vote for ( sorry can't think of the right word :oops: :oops: ) but would be for the partner who made most noise to DWP and got a result!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Cheers, I was like a dog with a bone to be fair, but couldn't have got through the ordeal without the help and support of the Welfare Rights Adviser, my wife's GP, and our local MP. Incidentally he is a labour MP, holds labours safest seat in the country ( having held it since 1990 ) and has repeatedly represented constituents at Tribunal on benefit issues.

At least its over for a while.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Well after writing to DWP asking for a 'written' statement of reasons as to why my wife was put in the support group, today she got ...... A phone call ???

Essentially they have accepted that she met the mobilising descriptor. Once the guy told her that then he said "so is that ok, now you know" to which my wife said yes thanks ..... And i'd like it in writing to add to the portfolio of information that i've had to build up over the last 15 months of hell.

The guys answer .... "oh, you still want it in writing then?"

Oh yes please she politely but firmly tells him.

Why are they so reluctant to document stuff unless pushed. Clearly with PIP on the way that information will be very useful in the future.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, where has the time gone? after winning my wife's 15 month long fight with DWP back in january my wife has now had the dreaded ESA renewal envelope drop through the letterbox, as her current award of ESA Support Group expires in December. Her mood hit the floor just like the envelope did !

Unselfishly her biggest concern was whether I was gonna get all stressed out like happened at the end of the last fight but we're slightly older and a touch wiser this time around. I've maintained a full medical history file for my wife and kept this updated since january plus in readiness for the envelope dropping i'd got hold of an electronic copy recently and begun to complete it for her, so a lot of the hard work is done already.

Never a thing to get complacent over though and we'll be heading into this one with just as much fight in us as the last time. We're just praying that someone at ATOS employs an ounce of common sense and, just as DWP did last time, makes a paper based assessment and retains her in the support group. I dread to think what will happen if not.

Tally ho eh?
macca
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:44 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: good idea to have kept everything up to date, it will save a lot of stress
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby macca » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah cheers, and whereas we got our local MP involved at the back end last time he's happy for us to proactively and openly copy him in on the application.

So we'll see how it goes

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Mecca, I am sorry you both have to go through things again.

What I don't understand is why you have to keep having to go through renewals when things are obviously not going to get better medically.

I live in Canada so obviously things are different. When I got my 100% disability approval, that was it, done finished with. I have not heard one word from the pension board other than the deposit of moneys every month. I have been off for 24 years.

Does it ever happen back home where you are done, no more forms, appeals etc. You are just paid from approval on?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

Theres two angles to this. My wife only managed to work for a very short time before being given permanent ill health retirement by her local authority employer and so in the case of her occupational pension then yes she gets that monthly for the rest of her life, however at just £20 a month because of the short employment its no great shakes.

In respect of state benefits however, under this current government's wellfare reform its now mandatory that any benefit award is reviewed periodically so no matter how ill you are you have to prove it time and time again.
macca
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 am

I understand the occupational pension but I am talking about the regular government supplements that there are. The ones you are fighting over. We have only one level, all or nothing so to speak for a government disability pension.

Because I had an accident at work I also get a 100% disability pension equal to my full pay at the time of my accident.

My point is....once it, whichever disability pension it is, I can't understand why you have to get approved again after a certain time when it is obviously a permanent disability. It causes so much more agony and stress to the patient than is necessary.

What is the difference between, or could you explain such departments as WRAG, PIP, ESA and all the different depts such as mobility etc It seems so confusing that there are so many departments to get income from.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Well i suppose the short summary is that there is no such thing as a disability benefit for life under this government even if the long term prognosis is bad, plus between the government and their henchmen Atos Health they've made it very difficult to secure an award of benefit to begin with.

All part of the governments masterplan to slash the welfare bill, demonise sick and disabled people in the process, and lets face it they've done a fantastic job of enlisting the general public's help in that task.

Not great but until the masses vote these jokers out theres no prospect of any changes for the time being.
macca
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Welfare and Disability are two seperate things and should be treated so.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am

Sadly our beloved government doesn't see it that way...... All in the scroungers box together unfortunately
macca
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 am

Some days I would give anything to be living back home in Yorkshire. I guess I should be glad that I am here.

I am starting to understand why so many here are frustrated with the whole procedure.
[i][b]

whoami
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits