Given only three months ESA/Support Group?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Given only three months ESA/Support Group?

Postby FibiB » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi, I have been following threads for some time now regarding Atos and the ESA process which I have to comment and thank this board for as it put me in good stead for the assessment, it went smoothly and I even wondered why I had got myself so worked up!!

Hmm! I knew it was too good to be true!!
The assessment was on 12 November 2012 and a few days later I received a vague letter from DWP confirming my receipt of ESA but nowhere did it say it was only for three months or in which category I had been put into!!! as I did not receive any other letter and had not received a request to go to a WRI I assumed I must be in the support group

I felt such relief and began to get over the whole worrying ordeal but then on 28 December 2012 I received a letter from Atos and a new ESA50 form! I called straight away but no-one was available at Atos, so I called Jobcentre Plus, and they confirmed that I was in the support group but just for three months!??? :(

What I dont understand is that if they assessed me and put me in the support group, I must have matched their point system/criteria! so how can they with less than twelve weeks from my last assessment, send me yet another ESA50? :crazy:

I am so miffed and despondent, this additional stress is really doing me in.

Has/Is anyone on here going through the same, three month scenario??

I get so confused trying to organise myself and retain any information that I read, feeling very fogged and overwhelmed.

Is there something I should be doing asides to completing the new form with the same details as given before and going for another assessment when it comes around OR Should I be appealing at this stage?

(one assessment I can handle but multiple assessments and the stress they cause both physically, emotionally as well as practically, is extremely worrying)

Any suggestions? as the ESA50 form details are going to be the same as from the previous assessment!!, my condition has not changed in such a short time and the Fibro and it's side effects are not going to go away!!

Thanks
FibiB
UKFM Newbie

Re: Given only three months ESA/Support Group?

Postby denys » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:37 am

Just put the same things down on the form, if nothing has changed then you should be assessed as being the same as you were if that makes sense maybe get your doc or consultant to write a letter confirming that nothing has changed :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FibiB » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello Denys, thank you for your kind response, which seems to be the only logical thing for me to do, it's just so frustrating and stressful!! and with so little time between one assessment and another!!! it beggars belief but thanks anyway : )
FibiB
UKFM Newbie

Postby Treece » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Although not fibro, my son has double hip dysplacia and is waiting for surgery... this next 12 months he will have up to 6 ops and he has a really hard road to recovery... he has been on ESA for about 6 months. his last medical was October and he was put in support group he was called for another medical in December and the wording used was ... you will get the outcome of this medical in January, you will be able to appeal then. Which to my son meant he was going to be turned down for ESA. So he said, well I wont be around to appeal and the 'nurse' was shocked when he said that... what he meant was that he would be in hospital so he explained about all the ops... she had completely ignored this fact and had not even asked. Shane felt it was a tick box exercise and is expecting to be kicked off ESA.

He also has severs disease for which he gets high rate mobility and has tried to kill himself 3 times in the last year due to overwhelming pain and the 'nurse' had the cheek to blame me as his mum because I should be watching him (he lives 5 miles away).

I hate ATOS and the system that has been put in place to punish the sick and vulnerable... its a disgrace!

Good luck to you... in answer to your question, when i asked why he was being called back again I was told it was every three months at DWP/ATOS pleasure.... unless ordered by an appeal court.

xxx Treece
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby FibiB » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Hello Treece, thank you for your response and I am so very sorry to hear of your sons health and benefit issues, it is so very frustrating and illogical and puts so much un-needed, unecessary stress, which only worsens ones condition! wishing you and Shane better times and a better outcome at his next assessment. :fingerscrossed:
FibiB
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits