ESA and help with eye test costs

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA and help with eye test costs

Postby linedancer99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi again all,

Not sure if this post is in the right category, but thought this might be useful info.

Have been to have my eyes tested today and found out that if you are in receipt of ESA you are entitled to a free eye test! Also I got almost £65 off of the cost of my glasses.

I don't know if it applies to incapacity as well but worth asking. I only found out by accident. I was asking if my prescription prepayment thingy covered glasses.

gentle hugs to all. :hugs:
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Re: ESA and help with eye test costs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 pm

The help with eye costs tend to apply to claimants who are on Income Based ESA, for those of us on Contribution Based ESA the full price tends to have to be paid. I think the same basis applies to IB as well, Income Based would qualify for the help whereas Contribution Based means the full price has to be paid.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby linedancer99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 pm

HI

oh, nobody asked me which one I was on, just said if you are on ESA you got a free eye test and voucher for glasses. :-?
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Maybe there have been some changes to the system then :-? :-? :-? If your optician believes that the help applies to you, then go with it. With the prices that can be paid for glasses, any help towards it is always helpful 8-) 8-) 8-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Be careful with that as if you are found to be claiming under false pretences you will end up in court on fraud charges :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dianeb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm pretty shocked at the responce from Carlosthedocholiday. That is, quite simply defrauding the system and this is one of the reasons so many of us who are genuinely in need have to go through hell to get what we should be eligible for in the way of assistance. You have lied and cheated the benefit system and I do hope you do the right thing and own up.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:51 pm

It is against the basic rules for membership to encourage dishonest behaviour from other members

9. Members who encourage others to commit illegal acts of any sort will be banned without discussion
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 pm

The offending post has been removed and the matter dealt with by the moderating team, please ensure that you are all aware of the basic rules for membership viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12383#p133603 just follow the link and hopefully it will prevent any other members finding themselves receiving warnings or being banned for things that can be easily avoided
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dianeb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Thank you for acting so promptly Denys.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Not just me Diane the whole mod team :-D :-D :-D :-D we dont like having to take action but will to maintain the good name of the forum. We cannot be seen to condone any illegal activity as this undermines the purpose and integrity of the forum and its members.
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits