Work-related activity ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Work-related activity ESA

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 09, 2013 11:18 am

I found this http://www.prospects.co.uk/ and this http://www.prospects.co.uk/Service/Empl ... fault.aspx

Qoute "Challenges - help to overcome personal challenges which prevent a customer from finding and maintaining employment, including caring commitments or dealing with health problems and disabilities or other issues including debt, homelessness, criminal behaviour, addiction, and discrimination."

On a personal front i wouldnt want to be signed up for anything unless i knew the in and outs! :!: im sure they cannot do this unless they have spoken to you first :?:

I do know you will be sanctioned if you do not attend an interview or acknowledge calls/letters from them and i do know they come on to you asap from the JC as my friend was also called up a day after the JC interview.

Unless you know exactly what they want you to sign up for you cannot look into sanctions. I would find out first and say you need time to digest the information before you sign anything and ask for a time limit for this. Im sure we all have rights to that.

Then look into your rights (can always ask the forum i linked you to via PM) as they should know more about the legal side to it all or contact CAB
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 09, 2013 11:57 am

Check this one out to http://www.donotsign.com/
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby gary who? » Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi all. I did find the Prospect website. Thank you.

It just got me thinking. Would sending me let's say they got me a job. Would this mean I have a right to say no as it affects my health and safety. Thus wud do me more harm than good? Forcing a sick and disabled person to undertake a job in my eyes is causing more stress trying to work and failing. Hence using the Black Triangle against them? Regulations 25 & 31.

There has to be more rights for us. If lets say again I work, could I not ask the employer to sign a agreement that if I injure myself I have the right to sue the company and maybe the Dwp? Then again they will not sign as not to make themselves liable.

Stressed. .stressed and stressed.

Keep well.

Im not going to answer or ring Prospect until I have been seen by my gp tomorrow. I will be taking the form from black triangle for him to fill in. Then maybe ring them saying I'm waiting for legal advice before I do anything.
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi all

It is disgusting the pressure they are putting us through!!! I am in the support group and have been for the last 3 years but not without a fight!!! Initially i failed the medical scoring only 6 points but it was a total sham it was a letter from my gp that got the decision overturned a week before my tribunal and i was put in the support group. But in that time i had been forced to attend all the interviews regarding looking for work and had to prove that i was applying for jobs one of which i was shortlisted for in the last 6 and i am sure it was my health problems that let me down, there is no way i am at all fit work which has since been accepted. My renewal was up last June and i wasnt even called for medical but i did send in a lot of evidence re health as it has deteriorated even further since then. My next renewal is due in June 2014 but anything can happen during this time so who knows!!!! I cant believe how they are treating genuinly sick people and the stress they are putting everyone through. They are treating everyone as though they are dishonest and trying to get away with working. I know if given the choice of having my health and working or being ill and not working i know which i would choose.

Millyxxx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby gary who? » Thu May 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Milly.

Glad you are in the support group and glad you put up a fight. Now it's my turn!

I picked up on something earlier which I think might be in my favour.

When I went for my assessment with the Miracle Atos, I noticed that he was going through an OLD form I had filled in Over a year ago. Are they allowed to do this?

I'm trying to think of everything he was going through but I'm going through the video tonight with my friend. One kept going through my mind is that he never even assessed me if I could bend down as to pick something up or touch my knees. Are they allowed to miss parts of the assessment out?

How many point are needed to get written off?... just out of curiosity.

If placed in a job and I drop something important and no one is around how is one going to manage to pick anything up. Also he said returning to work in the next 12 months...and he did say "I can't see you returning to work any time soon"..So he LIED making me think 'oh good I'm written off', but I didn't expect this mess.
Still very peed off and I don't get angry very easily but this is making me think self harm. :too-upset:

I will also ask for medical proof that ATOS can see into the future and ALL my illnesses would have faded away. Fibro gone, depression gone, 3 broken discs miraculously healed back to when I was 18. They don't need to prove jack sh!7 :swear1: is it's US who need to prove we are sick. I will ask my GP tomorrow if I have DDD, stemmed from fibro.

Thinking back it all started back in 2002 when I had a car crash, had whiplash and never been the same again. I blame the rich git in the porsche who drove into me and got away with a poxy course costing £90 insted of fine and a ban.

Getting really upset so will stop for now.

Keep well.
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 pm

gary who? wrote:Hi Milly.

Glad you are in the support group and glad you put up a fight. Now it's my turn!

I picked up on something earlier which I think might be in my favour.

When I went for my assessment with the Miracle Atos, I noticed that he was going through an OLD form I had filled in Over a year ago. Are they allowed to do this?

I'm trying to think of everything he was going through but I'm going through the video tonight with my friend. One kept going through my mind is that he never even assessed me if I could bend down as to pick something up or touch my knees. Are they allowed to miss parts of the assessment out?

How many point are needed to get written off?... just out of curiosity.

If placed in a job and I drop something important and no one is around how is one going to manage to pick anything up. Also he said returning to work in the next 12 months...and he did say "I can't see you returning to work any time soon"..So he LIED making me think 'oh good I'm written off', but I didn't expect this mess.
Still very peed off and I don't get angry very easily but this is making me think self harm. :too-upset:

I will also ask for medical proof that ATOS can see into the future and ALL my illnesses would have faded away. Fibro gone, depression gone, 3 broken discs miraculously healed back to when I was 18. They don't need to prove jack sh!7 :swear1: is it's US who need to prove we are sick. I will ask my GP tomorrow if I have DDD, stemmed from fibro.

Thinking back it all started back in 2002 when I had a car crash, had whiplash and never been the same again. I blame the rich git in the porsche who drove into me and got away with a poxy course costing £90 insted of fine and a ban.

Getting really upset so will stop for now.

Keep well.

I think they can go over previous forms as long as they do not base there decision on it.

They do not have to take on physical assesments they can base this on just watching your movements walking to and from room, sitting in the chair and gettiing up to leave etc. You can bring this up as it could go with you in your appeal.

You need to score 15 points BUT within a support group question. There only a few on the actual form which is why not many get into support group. You can score well over 15 and be put in WRAG

The confusion in what he said to the final outcome was probably because the person who conducts the ATOS assessment is NOT the decision maker who makes the final say.

ATOS go on what capibilities you have to work within the symptoms you have regardless to what disabilties you have been diagnosed with unless your in the exempt catagory even if your not going to get better its all about what you can do not what you cannot.
*Lisa*

Postby gary who? » Fri May 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi .
Thanks Lisa. Went to see my Gp today and explained whats going with me and explained about Atos. He was not too happy about Atos. I showed him the Black Triangle info and he seemed a sceptical of using it but opted to do a letter instead at a cost which I don't mind paying.

Im still waiting for the score sheet, which if not received tomorrow then I will be sending a letter asking for it and sending it recorded delivery to cover my back.

See how it all pans out.

Keep well.
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby Lisa21 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Does this get annoying for anyone who is claiming ESA and happens to be put in the WRAG group. I filled in their form, and then was sent for a medical in October 2012 which then gave me ONLY 6 MONTHS. So now I have filled in this form again and has now been told that I have to go for another medical when nothing has changed with my health issues.

My Fibro is still giving me so many problems, and I cannot see why every 6 months they have to keep putting people through this when there is no point when they have a long term health condition. Is there anyone who this is happening to as well?
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 am

Lisa21 wrote:Does this get annoying for anyone who is claiming ESA and happens to be put in the WRAG group. I filled in their form, and then was sent for a medical in October 2012 which then gave me ONLY 6 MONTHS. So now I have filled in this form again and has now been told that I have to go for another medical when nothing has changed with my health issues.

My Fibro is still giving me so many problems, and I cannot see why every 6 months they have to keep putting people through this when there is no point when they have a long term health condition. Is there anyone who this is happening to as well?

I can imagine how frustrating this is. Im also in WRAG only ever had one medical (so far!) and get yearly forms to fill out.

Its not about how long your health condition is its what can you do with the limitations you have.
Some long term health conditions over time can be managed or controlled this is why they tend to call you up often.
Unless your in the exempt group (basicly on deaths door) you will be called regular.

In some cases it also seeing if your symptoms have become worse so they can put you in the support group or give you longer inbetween forms.

Also on some forms if some one has said there in therapy or startin new meds they may ask you to come back within a time period to see if this has helped symptoms so you have more capibility to work :crazy:
*Lisa*

Postby gary who? » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Depp_lover1980 wrote:Contact Citizens Advice on Monday Gary to check your rights, I am sure you have the right as a UK citizen to appeal against any benefits decision. They may help you with what the guidelines truly are (not the pressurising angles from the job centre) on the wrag too.

How long has this been going on for? I have a template you can use to appeal, I was commended on it by the judge!

To
Depp_lover1980
May I have the template you used please.

Thanks.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of email address for personal safety.
gary who?
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 pm

With this being on the open part of the forum that can be seen by anyone who is browsing, I've removed your email address Gary. This is because leaving on could mean that you are subjected to all sorts of spam, crud and dog knows what else being sent to you.

With personal info, such as email addys, it's best to send it to the member concerned by personal message instead of posting it on the boards, then you'll know that only the intended person will get it instead of the scroats, scutters and other unscrupulous specimens that have been known to frequent t'interweb.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits