[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ESA. 1st trip to jobcentre

ESA. 1st trip to jobcentre

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA. 1st trip to jobcentre

Postby linedancer99 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Hi all,

I had my 1st review at the jobcentre today after being put into work related group. My personal advisor was quite nice, I expected a 12 year old. :lol:

In the letter it said "to discuss the possibility of going into paid work, training for work or looking for work in the future". I told him when i got there that I thought I was in the qrong group and hoped he would advise me how to appeal as I had left it late.

He asked about my health, what jobs I had done, and then where did I see myself as regards to work. I answered nowhere as i had no idea how my condition would be if I worked.

Long story short he gave me the telephone number to ring to ask for a reconsideration, wrote down how long it would take and what to do if they said no.

I ahve rung the number and been advised to download and fill in form GL24. I have also asked my Doctor for a medical report.

Just hope this works.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Re: ESA. 1st trip to jobcentre

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fruity72 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:50 am

If you go to your local citizens advice bureau, they have GL24 forms and will help you fill it in, they can also help with your appeal, just be aware though that you can go to an appeal and be taken of ESA all together, in all honesty it is VERY hard for people with Fibro to get in the support group.

Usually the job centre won't force you into doing some kind of work, so it might me worth thinking about appealing, just giving you the heads up of what could happen.

Good luck
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby linedancer99 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks for advice Fruity72. Must have had a fibro moment yesterday, I remembered that the people who helped me fill in the ESA form had written me an appeal letter before Christmas. I was unsure wether to appeal or not. Went to find letter and there was a GL24 form with it that we had completed at the same time. I will go ahead and appeal and hope for the best. :-D
I had a dodgy hip yesterday when I went for interview which has got worse today, maybe due to the stress of having to go there and not knowing what to expect.
linedancer99
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Good luck xxx
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits