Changes to ESA on Jan 28th

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Changes to ESA on Jan 28th

Postby BlueBerry » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Howdy all hope everyone had good Christmas and new year but I am afaird the nasty party has stricken again on ESA/WCA new changes are happen on 28 of jan 2013 that has got me worried as I get reassessed every year this a worry who on ESA and in Wrag.

you can read it all on here :

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/17814
http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/

Well it basally new changes to ESA (employment and support alliance) WCA (Work capability assessment ) this from one websites

"On 28 January 2013 the UK government is due to make a set of changes to the Work Capability Assessment (WCA). The WCA is the flawed ‘fitness to work’ test which assesses whether sick and disabled people can get Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): a benefit designed to help and support very unwell or profoundly disabled people into work.

Although these changes have been advertised as small ‘amendments’, they will in fact have a huge impact on the way people’s illnesses and disabilities are assessed. Many vulnerable people’s needs will suddenly be able to be overlooked or ignored, meaning they could end up losing the support they desperately need to manage their conditions."

I am post this as I do get worried when I read anything about changes to ESA and as always torys don't gave a hell about us I founds out all about this thanks to a parliament debate and this was talk about and put in Dec 2012 same torys ahhh sooner they out the better,

nice thing happen for 2013 :nono: :nono: as my mam says don't worry but she say this to me more as I have just came out hospital and I may have a new illness :( it started to be one of those years again for me in and out hospital :roll: less it nice hospital this time nurse are great :-D
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Changes to ESA on Jan 28th

Postby zappa20 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:44 am

Nice one Blueberry . Read about these changes on another forum, which had a copy of the DWP decision makers guide for the new changes.

Could cause a problem for people claiming ESA for physical conditions with medication side effects eg confusion , drowsiness, who had scored points under any of the mental health descriptors for this. As they'll be discounted unless caused by a mental health condition.

Also some changes to the regulations 29 and 35 regarding substantial risk as a Support Group descriptor.

Defintely worth reading for anyone about to fill in an ESA form. Don't think it applies to anyone who sent their form back before this date, but could be wrong.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Re: Changes to ESA on Jan 28th

Postby denys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks Blueberry :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits