confusing ESA...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confusing ESA...

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Well, I applied for ESA, had my medical (in which I explained my condition.s and a few that were to be confirmed by a rheumatologist a few weeks after my medical), and obviously, got found fit for work. I appealed, and eventually got put I. Support group. I then received a phone call from dwp saying that I wasn't actually put in the support group, I was in it temporarily while they awaited confirmation of other diagnosis from my rheumatologist. Does that mean if my rheumatologist confirms these diagnoses, I will be put into a group, support/wrag? I am so confused. Can anyone offer any help/experiences with this???
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: confusing ESA...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Can't recall anyone saying they have been put in the Support Group pending confirmation of other/additional dx's, esp as you won your appeal. It sounds like you need some advise from someone who knows the benefits system well to clarify exactly what is happening and where you actually are. Is there anyone like Citizen's Advice in your area, or other similar organisations as they tend to have benefits advisers who could possibly help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm

I have a citizens advice in the town I live in, but its hard to get seen as it's so busy, I shall try soon though. I was waiting for my appeal so a long time, then without having a hearing or anything like that, I get the backpay and q letter saying I was in the support group. And then a phone call saying that if I dont five them evidence of the diagnosis I was waiting to hear about, I would be taken off ESA. They tried stopping it a few months ago, but I told them that my rheumatologist was unavailable on the day I had an appointment, therefore I didn't get seen/have a diagnosis. The lady I spoke to then said that she will give me another 6 months to get evidence or I will be taken off Esq completely. I am so confused, why would they accept me then take me off it?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm

I really don't know why they would do that, hopefully you'll be able to get some answers with some help from CAB or somewhere similar :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Have you heard anything about the outstanding dx you've been waiting for, or do you need to go to another appt to get it?? Just wondering if you've got anything like an appt confirmation letter or something that you could send a copy to DWP so they know what might be happening and when :dunno: :dunno: :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animeemo3 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Well I have my diagnosis, but not a letter. If my gp was.to write one stating the diagnosis, would that help, or does it need to be from someone higher up?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 am

A GP letter would be ok but they will have to have had confirmation by the consultant before writing a letter.

Maybe contact the rhumatologists sectretary and explain you need a letter of diagnoses and reasons why and she may put a copy in post to you as they normaly do or even fax it over to your GP?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits