DLA Refused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA Refused

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

I thought I will start my own tread here, received a letter today that basically tell me that there is nothing wrong with me and it seems like they have not even looked at all the information I sent them. Same story as with all the first time applicants you get a NO. Told them that I am appealing and they are sending me a appeal letter that I need to return to them by the 2nd February.

Here we go, the gloves are on, bring it on I wont let them tell me there is nothing wrong with me. :nono:
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Re: DLA Refused

Postby Cuddles6 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I have been fighting since last May and still no joy. Waiting to got to tribuneral. If you go to the Citizans advice Bureau they can help you. They know how to give the 'right answers'. A bit of extra clout too. Good luck. :-)
Cuddles6
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank you Cuddles 6 - It is so unfair that we have to beg like we are not telling the truth, get them on legal grounds thats what I say. :-D
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby andy2210 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 pm

ive got my appeal on the 13th feb this is my appeal from nov 2011.you can re-apply after 3months if you think your condition is worse.i didnt find that out till august last year so i filled in the form and after a month or so they rang me up asked a few questions and 2 days later i recieved a letter from them stating that i had been awarded hrm and mrc and that they would let the tribunal know.a couple of days later a recieved the letter they had sent the tribunal stating that they had awared me hrm and lrc so i phoned them up and they said the mrc had been put on instead of lrc and that i will get lrc.it also said on the letter to the tribunal that any awards will only be upto the 18th aug 2012.so im now looking forward to the tribunal and see what happens :-?
andy2210
UKFM Member

Postby globetrotterjo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm

I've had my refusal letter today as well and I'm going to appeal too. Bring it on. :nono:

xx
globetrotterjo
UKFM Newbie

DLA Refused

Postby toplessbug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:26 pm

My 3rd appeals been in now since nov last year.
Rang today and its with the decision maker so I'll hopefully know soon.

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: to you all
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Azz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:43 pm

I hope you have success. I had to give up my business in 2011 due to fibro although it was not until Sep 2012 that I was diagnosed by a private doctor. I have had the forms three times now, and each time I fill it in half way then just break down and bin it. I just can't around the questions as they just do not fit what we are going through and I just get so confused :-?
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby mumstheword1954 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Been to my Tribunal today and it was awful. The GP there could not believe that I still don't get a goodnight sleep even when I take 50/100mgs of Amitryptaline and my painkillers. He basisically implied that the dose should have knocked me out cold, I tried to explain that it never has had that effect to which he said its about time you tried other drugs. I explained I had and the side effects were intollerableplus they did nothing for my pain. The judge wasn't to badbut could not fathom out why I always had my phone with me ?????? But the worst one was the woman who was a disability person(could get answer to as to who she or where she was from) she had me confusing everything, I explained that she was confusing me but her manner was very veryintimidating . My friend who came with me was horrified at what was happening but wasn't allowed to say anything even though the clerk said that she could speak on my behalf. There was no hope of that being the case when we got in there. So just waiting for the letter to confirm my fear, then I have to wait 6 months before I can apply for a new DLA or whatever those tory b's want to call it Personal Intimidation Process.
Good Luck to any of you going for your Tribunals.

PS. apparently driving a manual car goes against you as well as not informing your insurance company that you have FMS and other related illnesses. xxxx
mumstheword1954
UKFM Member

Postby lisaward127 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

I am getting some help with my appeal, spoke to DLA yesterday and also running a reconsideration alongside the appeal. Fingers crossed I get some good news.
Last edited by lisaward127 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Good luck Lisa , I have just sent in my first renewal form so will see what happens !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

DLA Refused

Postby toplessbug » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm

My consideration has been declined again so it appeal now. It's really getting me down now, I just want a life!!

Sent from my iPhone using the force :-)
toplessbug
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

:goodluck2: to both of you :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lisaward127 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Just sty strong you all, just think of it this way, you are not asking them for their money you simply want your money back...

:dogrun1:
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

DLA Refused

Postby Wendy_b » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi all just been told over the phone today that my claim for dla has been refused. I really don't understand why I walk with 2 sticks and still each step is so sore I cry most times I walk. Please can someone help me. I can't take any more of this. I'm so low at the moment :(
Wendy_b
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits