365 days on wrag money stopped

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

365 days on wrag money stopped

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi
I have been claiming esa on wrag had a letter today saying that you have been on contributions based wrag for 365 days anyone know what happens next. Does this mean that I will not receive anything does anybody know what happens next I'm in desperation
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Re: 365 days on wrag money stopped

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

When your entitlement to contribution based ESA ends with you being in WRAG, I think you then go onto Job Seekers Allowance (JSA). The only way to definitely find out what applies to you and your circumstances is to talk to someone. Wit you being placed in WRAG, you should have been contacted by an advisor at least once in the past year to explain what things could be available to you. This advisor should be able to tell you what will be happening next.

If you haven't had any contact with anyone, you could try the contact number on this latest letter and see if they can help you with things.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby macca » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi, if you feel that your condition has worsened to the degree that you now meet one of the support group descriptors, and can medically evidence that then you can ask dwp for a supersession of the current wrag group decision with a new decision to be put in the support group.

No guarantees with these things of couse but it might be worth you having a think about it.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Depending on your circumstances you can get income related ESA, this will depend on other income in the house, for example if you are married/living together and your partner works, depending on their income you may not be entitled, but if you are on your own and have no income, this doesn't include DLA, then you can apply for income related ESA. You could go to your local CAB for more advice. But the person who says you now get JSA is wrong. Hope this helps
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby tiny229 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Ask why you arent in the support group and put in an appeal asap
your money will stop if you are on contribution based esa they will write and tell you the date of your last payment if you have low income you can apply for income based esa
DO IT ASAP as you have limited time to appeal if you decide to
If you cant cope with all the upset go to citizens advice they will help
Good luck xx
tiny229
UKFM Member

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks for all your comments I will keep you posted
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby ann1e » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm

This happened to me last year...I received the notification on the same day that my money was stopped..They are supposed(by Law apparently!) to notify 6-8 weeks beforehand so we can update our claim... anyway
YOU MUST TELEPHONE THEM TOMORROW to find out whether you are entitled to income based esa.. and if so then you can make the claim over the telephone there and then. If you wait til your money is stopped they will try to insist you make a new claim which can take weeks.. they tried with me and i was so upset i told them i had had enough and that i had all my medication ready to end it all...then i just hung up ! Needless to say my claim was sorted out by the end of the day and my money was paid into my bank that evening...
I have had many fights with the different departments within dwp over the past few years and any help i can offer to other sufferers is my pleasure :goodluck2:
ann1e
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm

fruity72 wrote: But the person who says you now get JSA is wrong. Hope this helps
I didn't say that the OP will now get JSA, what I did say was
FluppyPuffy wrote:When your entitlement to contribution based ESA ends with you being in WRAG, I think you then go onto Job Seekers Allowance (JSA). The only way to definitely find out what applies to you and your circumstances is to talk to someone. Wit you being placed in WRAG, you should have been contacted by an advisor at least once in the past year to explain what things could be available to you. This advisor should be able to tell you what will be happening next.

If you haven't had any contact with anyone, you could try the contact number on this latest letter and see if they can help you with things.

In the different things I have at over time, for some who's entitlement to ESA has been exhausted, JSA may be claimable. It all depends on the claimants specific situation, hence the suggestion about speaking to someone.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fruity72 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 am

Sorry I misread what you wrote.

That is why I also suggested speaking to someone as it depends on the persons circumstances, income etc.
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am

No probs fruity, it's easily done esp with our foggy heads :wave: :wave: :wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fruity72 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:No probs fruity, it's easily done esp with our foggy heads :wave: :wave: :wave:

:flowers:
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby nicnacno » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Told by dwp to write a letter to them asking for a reconsideration to be put onto the support group, explaining to them why and to provide any new evidence I have to be reconsidered, anyone got a link to a template as I am not very good at letter writing thanks nic
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

nicnacno wrote:Told by dwp to write a letter to them asking for a reconsideration to be put onto the support group, explaining to them why and to provide any new evidence I have to be reconsidered, anyone got a link to a template as I am not very good at letter writing thanks nic

If you take your evidence to your local CAB they will be able to help you write a letter, hope this helps :-D
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 am

You need to explain why your condition meets one of the Support Group descriptors and base it around that. Watch out for the ESA reg changes introduced on 28/01/2013. CAB should know whether they'll apply to your individual circumstances or not.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby wanita2k » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 am

Ive just had thos same problem and ive been fighting to get my esa back and to be in support group since sept. Then i got a call on monday saying athos was waiting for stuff from docs and had decided i didnt qualify for support group so i told man on phone i had paid for docs report and had the job centre fax it over so he said would look into it and call in few days. Then on tues he called back to say magicly they had found my doctors report and the decision was changed i could go in support group but it really stresses u out and make u feel so much worse and the whole thing is unessesary worry we shouldnt need to go through
Gentle hugs people xx
wanita2k
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits