[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA and ESA claim

DLA and ESA claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA and ESA claim

Postby buxbunny » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:16 am

Hi Guys been gone along time but been bedbound and homebound since stupid pothole on boxing day left my car totaled.

I am asking my case for DLA to be reviewed as january 2012 hit in rear by another driver and sent my FM into over drive but thanks to the forum i have brain barr solicter. He is awesome and i feel much better everytime i speak with him in mood and if the medical profession had 1/10 of his attitude this FM world would be a better place. For the last year i been low rate care when personally feel should be on high rate mobility and low rate care.

I'm also applying ESA for first time sent of questionnaire December and dreading medical as that where most people hit the wall. Came off phone atos today trying book medical but asked for home visit so must convince my GP it necessary. They claimed before never received my claim and sent out new questionnaire last week but told by women over phone received it since 3rd January so don't know what going on there.

I have a benefits advisor appointment tomorrow morning fill in claim but done most of it on computer so i have copy of exactly what i sent and future reference and if they loose or need it for future claims.

Unfortunately it takes me several weeks to fill out their claims as exhaustion, pain and fibrofog we are all familiar with limit how much i can do. Sometimes i just sit ready to add some stuff and stare at pc for hours before i just go back to bed. Its much easier edit word document and have others add or continue it and writing in pen to painful. I sent in my questionnaire late but they seem understanding as nothing been said...

Im unsure linking procedure but i have used folowing resources:
The Full Facts Guide
Benefits and work guides
Action for ME - Very nice find i stumbled upon although for M.E some doctors tend to group CFS/ME/FMS all under same thing and its very detailed stuff for both careers and suffers and deals not only benefits but work and education. The symptoms list is nice and detailed is helpful as because our symptoms are so much and fibrofog makes me forget i use it to remind myself what i face.
Forums

I know it is alot of reading but knowing what your up against is half the battle. If i had the knowledge i have now i think i would been able to easily win my appeal based on their laws and procedures. Looking back at the reply the old reply of why not fit criteria its easy to see they totally disregarded everything about my condition and help but than again i did fill out myself based on having a disability and not how it effects me.

Sorry for walls text but hopefully give shorter updates and help any new or existing claimants get best results.
Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Re: DLA and ESA claim

Postby Brenda689 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 am

Hi I ended up posting on comment box as couldn't get logged in if you have time have a look at my reply, regarding ESA my award has Stopped medically needed 15 points its a shocking medical and benefit its going to leave everyone in a state off panic the phone lines to DWP are long boring waits

I was in receipt SSP and moved to ESA after 28 wks which was may 2012 til oct 2012 had a medical Yday received result I'm worse medically than before yet I received nil points they don't know if Fibro nor m.e so I will appeal

I haven't been on any benefits before but falling ill injured at work caused the absence then being medically declared unfit for work.
I'm having medicals left right n centre and its stressful to make matters worse the injury I sustained to lower back a solicitors medical has concluded my injury should off only lasted 6 weeks and as I had previously experienced back trouble two years ago they are more or less saying I've no chance with solicitors acting as it will be thrown at me that I always had a weak back when I didn't only one episode I try and think back when I fell think it was ice also right off a car but can't recall if it was that year MRI shows inflammation on L4/L5 which is degenerative disc disease pain is constant waited 40 wks to see pain clinic professor who is admitting me in to have facet joint spinal injections.

Solicitor is now sending me for psychiatric report as I've suffered depression for past 18yrs and recently at the last medical they report I became rather tearful when explaining what I can do now as mobility is my main issue and PAIN going for this medical will highlight how much this has affected me mentally and wether they can pluck bits out for the claim but the other side will say emm suffered 18yrs yes I have but it's caused me to change medication throughout the whole time as losing everything you worked for causes alot of anxiety lst a very god paying job financially daily living I don't go out only maybe or day a week an accident has done this to me being in a state has also caused Fibro m.e

Hope u don't mind me ranting but at a time like this its like I've to constantly fight analyse reports Chase solicitors not returning mail ect just glad I am a usdaw member

Since Oct 2012 I've been diagnosed with Fibro me
Brenda689
UKFM Newbie

Postby buxbunny » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:31 am

buxbunny
UKFM Member

Postby buxbunny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

Recieved Response from DLA today.......

And i got....

HRM and MRC....

YAYYYYY :-D :-D :-D

I was feeling really down and it's about time and think this will help me get to a better place.
buxbunny
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits