advice with esa questionnaire +claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: advice with esa questionnaire +claim

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 am

:wave: :wave: nufclad147, I've split your lone opening paragraph into smaller, easier to read sized ones as quite a lot of us on here, incl myself, struggle when it comes to reading large blocks of text.

Whilst your on your quest to find out the reasons for your various symptoms and problems we can try to offer you the advice and support we do to each other, a dx or lack of one doesn't always matter. You may find we are sometimes as bemused and frustrated as you at times tho, esp when it comes to a lack of understanding and help from "those" healthcare professionals that most of us have met at some point along the way.

When it comes to completing the ESA50, we usually suggest getting help with it from someone who is familiar with the benefits system. Advisers can be found in places like Citizens Advice, Welfare Rights and other similar organisations. A bit of Googlying can throw up who is in your area, or quite often local councils have an info point where you can find out details of who there is and what they can do.

Seeing your GP about this could be helpful as they may well be able to provide you with something in writing to help explain things. When I have had to complete forms for assessments, reviews etc, even with a dx, I always list my symptoms in order of intensity, starting with the one that is causing me the most problems and working thru them. I start by making a rough list, then add and juggle things around as needed. I also spend a bit of time Googlying a symptom along with ESA attached to the search to see if anything is thrown up for completing the questionnaire. Whilst there may not be much comes up about how tackle a more unusual problem, there can be suggestions of how not to phrase something. You could also do a bit of this in preparation for an appt with an adviser as the more prepared you can be with things, the easier it can hopefully be for completing the form.

Have you had any letters or reports for any investigations or procedures you have undergone or will be having at some point in the near future?? Whilst the question asks about medical reports, anything else you can include as supporting evidence can also help with a claim.

I'm sure there are other things that I meant to add, but foggy head clouded even further with even less sleep and even more hurty isn't the best way to start the day :oops: :facepalm: Hopefully others will :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with some additional suggestions for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

I definitely think you need some proper help getting the forms filled in so my advice would be the same as Fluppypuffy's :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with your claim I hope you get things sorted out quickly :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Without a diagnoses / confirmation and info from a professional its your word against theres BUT as long as your GP has noted down all your symptoms and how it effects your everyday mobilty/care needs and inability to work and explain your under *investigations* then it should be ok.

Also it should be reported in GP notes of the arthritis etc which will go with you.

Im afraid near enough everything goes by *proof* and *evidence* plus a list of all medications and therapys and professionals seen/seeing also to back up your claim :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 am

nufclad147 wrote: I'm pleased I have learned that paragraphing my biblical epics make me easier to understand such a timely tip to receive as i prepare to type out my issues for questionnaire.

Was there something wrong with me looking at what you had said from the point of view of others on here, as well as myself, and making it easier for them to read what you have said in full rather than leaving it as it was, and having members constantly lose where they had got to and not reading any further?? If so, just say and I'll put it back to how it was before.

I simply tried to be courteous, as do whenever I edit something on here, and explain what I had done and the reasoning behind it, in the hope that it will bring in as many hits and replies as possible for you.

And from personal experiences, as I have had a not~insignificant number of forms to complete over the 13 years I have lived with this condition and other problems, using smaller, concise paragraphs which explain things in detail are preferable to longer ones that over~pad the info. That was from an adviser who was dealing with a private claim I was making.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Think we've got a bit of the crossed wires happening, either that or the Gremlins are at it again with chugging things about. I didn't mean my reply to come across as you have read it either:-? It's all to easy to put a word out of place without realising, and whilst it read ok in my mind, when you read it, it comes across in a completely way.

In amongst all the confusion I'm glad there was something helpful in what I had posted. Hopefully our future responses will be a bit less confuzzling :)

Powered by Fairy Dust xx

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Sounds like a good plan nufclad :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hopefully, with your info, and any tweakings they think could help, will mean you have a fighting chance :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun May 12, 2013 9:20 pm

By some miracle I was lucky and wasn't called for medical but from what others have said you seemed to get the stock interview type. tee questions & setting seem to be staged so that you almost contridict your self. Not a very nice way to do business .

Good luck and glad you got the form etc in on time and are in thenext stage of the process.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 am

When your on the ESA assessment phase this is covered by a sick note from your GP have you handed one in? This will cover you and give you ESA assessment rates until you have a decision into what group you will be in if any.

Yes they do trick you with many questions this is how they try and catch you out as they asume if you can sit and watch tv for a length of time you can sit at a work station.
If you can read in long periods of the day then you have an ability to focus and concentrate meaning fit for work
If you have pets and say you walk and feed them, this agin will see you can bend/lift and have the strength in arms to be in control of a dog again meaning possibly fit for a job.
They ask how you got there and if you travelled a distance more then say 10mins alone then you will be seen to be able to move around safely by yourself.
Physcological meanings to there questions.
Never answer a question with yes if you cannot repeatidly/safely/realiably do any tasks.

Did you record the assessment? this will be evidance if you score under 15 points to show them you were unable to get your point accross or did someone go with you as a witness?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Not sure how long you will have to wait for payement but i would guess as soon as they get and process your doctors note they will release the moneys. Keep on there case tho as they dont rush :nono:

In the mean time whilst your waiting you can ask about a crises loan to tide you by?
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 am

Hi

Im no doctor but have the ENT checked out for Minears disease? this brings on alot of dizziness/vertigo/tinititus and much more :?:

Get copy letter from the ENT that state you are under investigations for symtoms as this will confirm in writing by a professional that you indeed are experiencing and having syptoms which are causing every day struggles etc...

The CAB should be filling out the appeal forms for you or helping you with wording information to send but i apriciate that the CAB have cut down alot as i have noticed this in my area.

Maybe you could send in a diary sheet as apart of your appeal. Send in a day in the life of yourself so they can see what your daily limitations are etc...

Yes you must send in detail everything they are not scoring you points on that is relevent to your claim but idealy you do need evidence as back up to go with this. If you can get a copy report from ENT as said above this can help.

I agree with the partialy sighted comment. Im afraid this is what people are up against. You need hard evidance to prove that your sight will be a huge issue when in employemnet to be able to get anywhere.

Definatley keep sending in letter appointments / reports of consultations even if no diagnoses has been made yet as this prove that you are of course very ill / have symptoms and investigations are under way.
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:34 am

All investigations / assessments and reports must also go to your GP.

This is where you can obtain a copy. I get them for free as its only the odd report they have to print out not my whole medical records. If you need your medical records this will/may cost but not a few copies of reports.

If your GP says he has none then you may have to call up the people you saw and get them to send a report to GP and a copy for you.
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Im glad to be of help and i hope all goes well for you.

Let me know how the neurology appointment goes.

:goodluck1: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:42 pm

So sorry to hear about the heart attack!! :shock: makes me so mad to read that all this stress by DWP has caused you so many problems!! and now instead of needing rest aftrwards your very angry and upset with the nuerology appointment!!! :evil: :evil: Jeeez... what an :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

So he says he doesnt suspect MS and is refering you for MRI... whats this for? to rule it out? or for another suspected condition?

I hope the MRI doesnt take too long to come thro!

You can always ask your GP to be refered to another nuerologist for a second opinion.

I hope you recover very soon! :hugs:
*Lisa*

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:32 pm

hi nufclad147 :xmaswave1:

just read through the whole thread :yikes:

it sounds so typical ... and discribes the :banghead: obsticals we have to go through

hope you recovered from the heart attack

sorry I don't have any answers to your questions :dunno:

keep on keeping on :penguin:
you have come this far
and you will make it through
:flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:12 am

I've found it a bit confusing reading your full thread, but didn't want to just read and run. Do you have a date for your Tribunal yet, or are you still in the process of putting your appeal together? Have you had your MRI and results yet? What treatment did you get at the time of your angiogram? did you need any intervention like a stent or bypass? Or are you being treated with medication?

Regarding what the judge can accept and can'taccept. He is looking at your condition at the time of your assessment. No new conditions will be accepted as evidence.

However if the symptoms or problems you were experiencing at the time you had your assessment were due or as a result of a condition you've since been dignosed with then he should take them into account. So, can any of the symptoms you had back at the time you were assessed be attributed to you having undiagnosed coronary artery disease which resulted in a heart attack? Furred up arteries can occur not just in the heart, but all over the body causing a variety of symptoms. Do they think you could have vascular disease?

Try not to get mad at the hopeless admin process of the DWP, it doesn't help your health.. It's a huge big machine of a system, and a lot of the front line staff who answer the phones don't have enough training or experience, since they've paid off a lot of staff due to cut back, and oftne give the wrong advice.

If you still have time before your Tribunal I'd seriously consider getting some professional help from CAB or your local council welfare office to help you with this appeal.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits