[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - advice with esa questionnaire +claim

advice with esa questionnaire +claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: advice with esa questionnaire +claim

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 am

:wave: :wave: nufclad147, I've split your lone opening paragraph into smaller, easier to read sized ones as quite a lot of us on here, incl myself, struggle when it comes to reading large blocks of text.

Whilst your on your quest to find out the reasons for your various symptoms and problems we can try to offer you the advice and support we do to each other, a dx or lack of one doesn't always matter. You may find we are sometimes as bemused and frustrated as you at times tho, esp when it comes to a lack of understanding and help from "those" healthcare professionals that most of us have met at some point along the way.

When it comes to completing the ESA50, we usually suggest getting help with it from someone who is familiar with the benefits system. Advisers can be found in places like Citizens Advice, Welfare Rights and other similar organisations. A bit of Googlying can throw up who is in your area, or quite often local councils have an info point where you can find out details of who there is and what they can do.

Seeing your GP about this could be helpful as they may well be able to provide you with something in writing to help explain things. When I have had to complete forms for assessments, reviews etc, even with a dx, I always list my symptoms in order of intensity, starting with the one that is causing me the most problems and working thru them. I start by making a rough list, then add and juggle things around as needed. I also spend a bit of time Googlying a symptom along with ESA attached to the search to see if anything is thrown up for completing the questionnaire. Whilst there may not be much comes up about how tackle a more unusual problem, there can be suggestions of how not to phrase something. You could also do a bit of this in preparation for an appt with an adviser as the more prepared you can be with things, the easier it can hopefully be for completing the form.

Have you had any letters or reports for any investigations or procedures you have undergone or will be having at some point in the near future?? Whilst the question asks about medical reports, anything else you can include as supporting evidence can also help with a claim.

I'm sure there are other things that I meant to add, but foggy head clouded even further with even less sleep and even more hurty isn't the best way to start the day :oops: :facepalm: Hopefully others will :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with some additional suggestions for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

I definitely think you need some proper help getting the forms filled in so my advice would be the same as Fluppypuffy's :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with your claim I hope you get things sorted out quickly :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:24 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Think we've got a bit of the crossed wires happening, either that or the Gremlins are at it again with chugging things about. I didn't mean my reply to come across as you have read it either:-? It's all to easy to put a word out of place without realising, and whilst it read ok in my mind, when you read it, it comes across in a completely way.

In amongst all the confusion I'm glad there was something helpful in what I had posted. Hopefully our future responses will be a bit less confuzzling :)