Change of condition /how its affecting/dla

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Change of condition /how its affecting/dla

Postby fibrocomfort » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi

I am at present getting dla till november due to mental health problems , But that was given over a year ago and now have been diagnosed with fibro severe i also have osteoarthritis and cervical spondylosis ,

I think i need to contact dla to explain my conditions and how they are now really getting to me so bad

unsure what to do Anyhelp

thanks

cas :-) :-)
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Re: Change of condition /how its affecting/dla

Postby froggy72 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm

phone d l a number on you r letter they should be able to advice or no some one who can help you. good luck xxxxx. :oops:
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

I was in the same predicament then decided to wait for my renewal.

If you call up now you will be asked to fill out a new DLA application for a change of circumstances. Now this is all well and good BUT what they dont tell you is its a whole new claim that is given to a new decision maker so even tho you feel you maybe entitled to a higher award you are still at risk of jepodising what you have.

If they lower the rate you already have or take it away then you will have to pay moneys back from the date you said was a change in your circumstances.

So.. its working out if you can wait til november on the rate/s your on and then on the renewel put down your new diagnoses/COC OR risk loosing/lowering of your existing entitlement IF it doesnt go in your favour.

Im just letting you know the worse outcome as its not always highlighted in this area.

Good luck!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:05 am

:goodluck1: with whatever you decide to do
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibrocomfort » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi

thanks for your replys

cas :-)
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits