Referred for home visit medical as part of DLA Appeal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Referred for home visit medical as part of DLA Appeal

Postby Dianeb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:15 am

Today I was advised I have been referred to DWP Medical Services and will be contacted to arrange a home visit. Can anyone advise what to expect and is this ATOS or not as getting differing answers on google
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: Referred for home visit medical as part of DLA Appeal

Postby babajane32 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 am

Try and make sure you have some else present when the doctor visits. Just precautionary,but always worth having a witness. Doc usually straight forwards.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:56 am

I have no idea what to expect as most online refer to ESA medicals. My daughter will be with me and possibly my husband dependant on his work schedule. I just hope they won't pull me about too much as I'm in so much pain at moment from my rheumy appointment on Monday. Are they from ATOS? If so I hear i should have a recording device in the room too.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks all xx
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Postby Dianeb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Sian, have messaged you. Think you may need 5 postings to be able to reply.

got appointment today and medical is Monday at 8.30 (EEK!). I'll have to set the alarm for 5 to be up and about by then.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits