ESA Support Group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA Support Group

Postby marisae » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi

I have just heard that I have been moved from the work group to the support group. This was done at the reconsideration stage before my appeal went to the tribunal service. It only took 5 months!!
I hope this gives people hope that sometimes the DWP finally sees sense.
Love Marisa xx :-D
marisae
UKFM Member

Re: ESA Support Group

Postby helen w » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Brilliant news. There is hope then! I am still waiting...................
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby Treece » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 pm

that is wonderful news... maybe all the appeals being won is starting to filter down to the 'officers' it costs the DWP millions each year to take people to appeal... saw an advert locally for panel members... the lay member is offered £300 per day!!! the medical professional and the solicitor must cost that about an hour.. plus the court clerk, cost of courts etc etc.... soon builds up!

So pleased for you x
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

That's really good news!

Mind if I ask if you were put into the support group entirely based upon your fibro symptoms, or do you have other medical conditions as well? It seems very difficult for folks to qualify for the support group if they have fibro as their only health problem. The problems with fibro don't seem to be taken seriously at all.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby marisae » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks everyone for your message.

Graciebaby _ I do have other conditions such as diabetes, arthritis in my spine and neck, IBS. All i did was put down how bad my mobility was, why i could not wheel a manual wheelchair due to pain and fatigue. I also had a good letter from my GP stating all the problems with mobility and care that I have.

Kind wishes

Marisa x
marisae
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits