PIP Reassessment dates?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP Reassessment dates?

Postby oorwullie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could clear up a question I have about PIP. My DLA runs to October 2015. I've heard as of April 2013 new claimants have to apply for PIP and anyone due a review around Oct 2013 or after this date will have to apply for PIP. Does anyone know how this will affect my claim due to it not ending until 2015? :yikes:
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Re: PIP Reassessment dates?

Postby Treece » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:56 pm

I think the problem is... the DWP dont know yet. from what I can gather, and it is guess work ... as people's renewals come up they will be invited to apply for PIP... however, 'life' and 'indefinite' awards will be assessed from April to 2017 by which time everyone that is currently on DLA will be on PIP.

Just what I think... because it is really confusing! :yikes:
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 pm

After October 2013, existing DLA claimants who come to the end of an award will be invited to claim PIP. All other DLA claimants with long-term and indefinite awards will be invited to claim PIP at some point after October 2015. If they "invite" you, you will have 4 weeks to reply, if you do not reply in 4 weeks your DLA will be suspended, you will then be given a further 4 weeks to apply, if you don't apply within those 4 week, your DLA will be stopped altogether. There will only be 2 parts to it now and that is standard and enhanced rate and it will done on a scoring system like ESA is
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby Tina1963 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Morning

When I went to an adviser, he said that everyone on the lower rate DLA, either care or mobility, will loose it. They aim to reassess even those that have been granted life long DLA by 2015. The government are also trying to withdraw cars on mobility to those little scooters (don't see how thats is going to work) Pips only has 2 levels, medium and high. We will need to be able to prove that we have more bad days than good. It seems the main points are given to how much help we need during a night in bed.

Bad News as we will all be house bound before long as we will not be able to afford to get help to assist us when we go out.

The message that comes across is "your ill.... tough!" Don't expect us to help.

Sorry its doom and gloom Tina
Tina1963
UKFM Member

Postby oorwullie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks guys. I've received a letter today from DWP stating pretty much exactly what you said Fruity72. So looks like i'm safe until 2015 at least.
oorwullie
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Your welcome x
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:50 pm

My renewal is due this sept! by looking at the info i will just about manage to sqeeeeze thro before octo :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: giving me more time to research for when it my turn!! :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits