DLA Medical completed this morning - now the waiting begins

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA Medical completed this morning - now the waiting begins

Postby Dianeb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 am

Had a really cheery Irish retired GP out this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect. Here is what happened

8.40: turned up, hubby opened door and showed him in, he checked my passport and then took a list of all my meds. He then asked me lots of questions about my day, told him as best I could that I'm in pain all the time, can't bath, need help to shower, can toilet normally, need getting out of bed, can't dress myself, can't wash my lower half. Don't do the shopping, Stan does it. etc etc. He asked about if I drove and when was last time so explained it was before Christmas and it causes considerable pain to drive. He asked how I cooked and I said I didn't. Told him if Stan reminded me to eat I had tins of ready meals which I did in the microwave. Told him when Stan is away at work I sleep on sofa as can't get up stairs by myself. He didn't want to check any of the adaptations and seemed to take our word for it.
9.10: took my BP which was low (normally is). checked reflexes, noted that I have no feeling in bottom of left foot. Had me walk about 5 paces and asked why I was holding my back, told him that it caused more pain and walking sets electric shocks down my left leg to my ankle and right leg to mid thigh. He felt my hip crunch as he was seeing my range of movement and apologised for hurting me.
9.35: he read my OT statement, GP support letter and consultant letter and made notes.
9.40: he said he'd be sending off the report today and I should hear soon.

Should I send in my OT report and Consultant letter to DWP? I have offered and they've said not necessary but it does give a good picture of day to day difficulties.

Now the wait begins and should know in a couple of weeks if we are going to tribunal or not.
Type 2 Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, Spinal stenosis, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain syndrome, Sciatica, Flat Back syndrome, L5,S1 Radiculopathy, Anxiety and Depression, Agoraphobia
Dianeb
UKFM Member

Re: DLA Medical completed this morning - now the waiting begins

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Lets hope that his cheefulness extends to his report although from what I've seen of the system from posts on here its sometimes not the reports that are at fault but the way decision makers choose to interpret them.

Good luck will keep fingers crossed
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: DLA Medical completed this morning - now the waiting begins

Postby annrotherham » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi. I applied for dla for the 2nd time in january i sent in ot reports gp letter and consultant letter. 3 week later i have been awarded dla no doctor visited. They said they had enough info. So my advice would be to send them or fax them to dla as extra info.
Good luck ann
annrotherham
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits