part-time issues

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

part-time issues

Postby jojo39 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi peeps
So i have been back to work for 6 weeks now.Am doing 6 hours on my feet a day instead of 8.My company are only allowing me to do this short term.I now have a medical report from my Doctors stateing that i am in no fit state to work in full-time employment.So i have now been called to a meeting with HR and my area Manager.Im not sure what is going to be said.Does any one know if in this situation that the Doctor has declared that im unfit to work if i can claim any sort of benefits.Im managing to work 30 hours at mo but finically im struggling.
Im expecting to be told that i can no longer stay in my management roll.Things are looking abit bleak at mo.Ive started another flare up because of all the stress.
But on the plus side i have just rescued a little dog and hes a bundle of joy.He wants cuddles just as much as me:).
UKFM Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: part-time issues

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Not sure what the laws on all that is, but i hope your meeting goes ok.
Aww havin a dog is amazin, i lve cuddlin mines.
Vic x
UKFM Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: part-time issues

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Talking to a benefits adviser about what you may be eligible to claim would be the best plan jojo as they would be able to give you advice specific to your situation. CAB, DIAL, Welfare Rights are some of the larger organisations, and most areas also have smaller, local groups that can help. Depending on circumstances, ESA may be payable whilst working, plus DLA can be claimed.

Do you have a union rep or other adviser~type person that can go to this meeting with you?? Someone who knows the workings of the Equalities Act will be able to help get reasonable adjustments in place for you to hopefully carry on with your job with FM taken into consideration. Again CAB etc may be able to help, as could the Disability Employment Adviser based in your local JCP. It might be worth seeking some advice on this as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
User avatar
Posts: 12719
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Living Life On The Edge.......Of The Norty Step!!!

Re: part-time issues

Postby fruity72 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Contact CAB as some of their bureaus have employment specialists plus their advisernet has all the info you need, you could also try acas for free advice for your employer, does your company have a union? If so speak to the union rep. As for benefits you may be sanctioned if you leave your job, I would strongly suggest going to CAB for advice, you say you work 30 hours, have you applied for working tax credits? CAB can do a benefit check for you as well to see if you are entitled to this.

Good luck x
UKFM Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests