Do You Get DLA for Fibro on it;s own?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do You Get DLA for Fibro on it;s own?

Postby mega1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone gets disability allowance just for having fibro? my doc says i have soft tissue rheumatoid arthritis ( which was the rheumatologist that diagnosed this about 4 year ago) and she says fibro and soft tissue arthritis are both the same and get treated the same? i am now on 100mg of amytriptiline at night to sleep and nefopam 3 times a day for the pain, i could actually do with getting a job as i am a housewife at the moment but i don't think i could hold a job down ... once i tidy up in the morning in the house im in agony.

Just wondering if anyone gets this allowance for having fibro on it's own?
mega1
UKFM Member

Re: Do You Get DLA for Fibro on it;s own?

Postby bluesheep » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Back when I first applied for DLA I just had the fibro. I think they look at how it affects you as well as what you have. But I would advise ask citizens advice to help you with the application form as they know how to word things and can help with appealing if they turn you down first time.
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby mega1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:49 pm

mega1
UKFM Member

Postby awindup » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 pm

I do have depression and anxiety however my award has been under great scrutiny of late and I was getting the low rate care Nd low rate mobility . Anyway I eventually managed to get a referral from a healthcare worker who got a dwp representative to contact me and eventually visit... She wasn't a welfare rights person she actually worked for the dwp! So I thought that whatever she sees she will derail and they really can't argue with their own assessment?

They have just written to my doctor and disregarded the psychiatric issues and referral letters . The upshot is I ha w low rate care still because " I have difficulty preparing an cooking a main meal for one " and I get HIGH RATE MOBILITY ( finally .... Had a Bly badge assessment last November and got a badge straight away ) and this was awarded not for psychological reasons ie confusion and communication but on the grounds that " although I can walk I am unable to walk any distance without considerable pain or discomfort "!! I did not and to be honest couldn't because they tested me , embellish the info given , an am really pleased that I have got high rate dla mobility though I feel I should have gotten middle or high rate care and I'm happy.

So basically my reasons for being successful have all been fibro. IT IS HOW IT AFFECTS YOU NOT WHAT THE ILLNESS IS CALLED !! there are a few illnesses such as terminal cancer that get automatic dla but fibro isn't recognised because it varies . You have to be careful how you write things and less is more !!! Don't think by describing how much your back hurts or feet burn when you walk just put the amount if steps you can take without "considerable pain or discomfort " good luck . Feel free to email me or facebook me .
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removal of email address and split into paragraphs for easier reading.
awindup
UKFM Member

Postby awindup » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Derail lol =detail plus other spelling errors lol
awindup
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 pm

I've removed the email address that was included in the post as it is a public forum and incl such info could lead to all sorts of unwanted attention being received.

When All Else Fails, Hug Your Teddy xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mega1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks "awindup" i might just do that when i decide to apply
mega1
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits