ETOS

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ETOS

Postby moo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi, I've not been on here for quite a while but really need help and advice, I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for around 15 years and more recently hypothyroidism - I have been in receipt of incapacity benefit again for around 15 years and although I new eventually I would have to change over to ESA and that time has come......I had to fill in the ESA50 a few weeks ago I had the CSA to help fill the form in, the advisor stated that if I was sent for I would be unlucky in his opinion. This morning I received the news that I have to attend an interview on Monday,I am extremely nervous and feel really sick but don't know if this is because of the imminent interview or due to every movement I make is too painful. Has any one any advice?
moo
UKFM Newbie

Re: ETOS

Postby bekwey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Just say what happens on the worst day e.g you can't walk, cook, dress, etc Also any other things that go on with you apart from the pain - skin, stomach, bladder, eyes, sensory overload, fog , above all else you must tell them if you feel depressed at any time, that is important. Good Luck. and if in doubt when assked a question like can you walk 50m or cook your own dinner then say no, not on a bad day, if in fact you can't:) They will also get you to do certain things like coupe down on your haunches - I refused last time, as I knew I would fall. They will get you on the bed and manipulate your legs etc- don't try too hard and hurt yourself. Also don't walk to the interview, get someone to drop you, and never go by public transport even if it is a good day and you feel able - these two things will count against you They are enough to make you :pull-hair:
bekwey
UKFM Member

Re: ETOS

Postby mumstheword1954 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Ask is the examiner qualified in Rheumatology and able to therefore make an informed judgement on FMS (there is a video on here that shows someone with a mental health condition recorded his interview, he asked if the nurse was suitably qualified and in the end she admitted she wasn't and he refused to go any further. Have a look for it I did'nt find it until after my assessment). Don't do anything by yourself when being examined, always always ask the examiner for help getting on and off the couch/chair. Don't go by yourself and ring them prior to the examination tell them you want the examination to be recorded as they you are allowed to do that. They will only go on your original claim form which will be from years ago, so you need to stress even if they don,t ask (they don't talk to you ,they just read through the form and input stuff into the computer)I hope this helps and good luck. X
mumstheword1954
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits