New DLA claim

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New DLA claim

Postby iandp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm

I just thought i'd share my great news that i have been re-awarded my full DLA again both bits at the highest rate as before. I was expecting a 6 months or so fight as i did on my original claim 2 yrs ago but it seems they excepted it off my claim form. Shocked probably don't cover it when i read the letter expecting a big fat no no. I could feel the relief through my whole body having got myself prepared for a fight.

Hope all are as well as can be expected. :-D
iandp
UKFM Member

Re: New DLA claim

Postby fibrocomfort » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

HeY
well done

i am at present doing a claim i get low rate at the mo but since my fibro has got bad i have asked for a reassesment

Did you have any other conditons as well

hugs

cas xx
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby iandp » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi fibrocomfort,

Yes i have Osteoarthritis in wrist so can't use a stick, Cervical Spondylosis, Myofascial something in n around lumbar spine, osteoarthritis in same area of lumar spine, 2 bulging disks in lumbar area, there was some thing else wrong in the lumbar area, 2 disc damaged in thoracic spine area, and both my knees give way (right one is worst thou) every couple of steps, some times they lock again mainly right so then my legs just stop, also had a TIA, high BP & cholestral, some if not all these has horrid side effects along with the fibro, like panic attacks, passing out, banging headaches and more lol

I don't go out, very rare anyway, doc's, hospital etc n by taxi door to door, n only with the wife to hold me up, dependant on how much i try and do walking wise, i could fall upto 20-30 times a day due to me trying to do it alone and not always reliying on wife 24/7. But also can't dress, bath on my own, cooking is a no no as i have caused so many fires just forgetting i've put a pan on, or bread under grill.

I feel pretty useless at mo, it's not good, but at least i can still see n hear, sos if a bit long winded lol

good luck with your claim :-D
iandp
UKFM Member

Postby PainBeGone » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:52 pm

What a relief that must have been for you!

Well done :-)
~~*~~ Lex ~~*~~
PainBeGone
UKFM Member

Postby iandp » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi PainBeGone

It most certainly was, it was like i cud feel all the stress which had built up from doing the form and the up-coming fight just drain away out out of me, it's weird but it was defo a massive relief.
iandp
UKFM Member

Postby sunnyscot » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 pm

I have also bee reinstated to highest mobility and middle care i have Fibromyalgia,Hypothyroid,sever vit d deficiency,being tested for Cushings disease and a few other problems my DLA was taken off me and care was dropped to lowest but i appealed and it was reinstated didnt have to go to tribunal i havent lost a DLA payment yet and awarded till 2015 , so i regard myself as very lucky indeed i have been worried sick . All i can advise is send as much medical information you can and all the appointments you have at hospital and GPS . so dont give up :nono:
sunnyscot
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibrocomfort » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 am

Hi

I do have other conditions too cervical spondylosis , MDD,IBS, low back pain with sciaticia, osteoarthritis in the knees as well as fibro severe

i sent off my claim yesterday .... how long was it before you heard back from them?

xx
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby iandp » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 am

Hi fibrocomfort,

i got letter, confirming they had received my application with in about a week, then it was about another 2-3 or so weeks when got decision letter, so was pretty quick really for them lol.

Hope you get the result you hoping for
iandp
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 pm

Congratulations, its always nice to hear some positive news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

atos assessment for DLA or ESA?

Postby radol » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

hi ,I have applied for esa a year ago ,my partner work more than 24 h , so I don't get benefit, i get national insurance credit ,they sent me an appointment for atos in november , but I couldn't go because I was very sick i am still sending a medical certificate ,I applied for dla a month ago ,I received a letter from atos to attend an assessment at the health centre , so I don't know if the appointment is for DLA or for ESA ?if it for dla can I ask them for a home visit? diagnosis: fibro,pco,asma, keratoconus, hypothyrodism ,obesity ,intracranial hypotention , IBS,DEGENERATIVE DISC ,VITA D deficiency
radol
UKFM Newbie

Postby iandp » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi radol

When i had my atos medical it was a home visit, but that was just under 2 years ago, the impression i got back then was they was all done as home visits for dla so they can see you in your home environment, but that's just my 4ghts.

As for asking them to change it to a home one, i wouldn't like to say, i suppose it can't help asking them, but i would asume you would have to have a good reason why the want it changing if it's even possible.

Hope you get on ok, where ever it ends up to be.
iandp
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits