[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Work have lost my sicknote!

Work have lost my sicknote!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Work have lost my sicknote!

Postby countyfan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I have mentioned previously how unhelpful and obstructive my boss is but this is the final straw!
I have just had a spinal operation and the sick note was from the hospital, so I don't actually know if it's possible to get another one.

My husband handed it personally to the receptionist, who insists they don't remember, so I had a snotty call from the boss asking why I hadn't contacted them, as the previous sick note finished on Friday.. It's going to go down on my records now as not having adequately kept in touch. I can hardly speak as the op was from the front of my neck and they have to move the voicebox to one side to get access!

I am still only slowly recovering from 'stress related disorder' which is what my doctor had signed me off sick with before the op. Talk about guaranteeing to set me back, I ended up phoning my husband in floods of tears and he is dealing with them. I never want to set foot in the place ever again. :(
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Work have lost my sicknote!

Postby TatieW » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Aw no, bless you, I can totally understand your feelings about this :( , it's amazing how employers can push you out one way or another by doing such things, you should be able to contact the hospital you were at and ask for another one, or get one from the dr, they should have a record of the one they gave you at least. I have found the best policy is to get a copy done and send them recorded delivery, because I am sorry to say there are underhanded bosses and people about, especially knowing what you are going through it is an extremely unkind thing for them to do. Take care of yourself and I hope things are resolved for you xx Please keep us informed of how you are getting on and get well soon xx
Tatie
TatieW
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:23 pm

I was going to suggest getting back in touch with the hospital as well, to see what they can do to help with this matter. I'm also a fan of sending such things by trackable post so delivery can be proved if necessary, just to be sure.

Hope you can get things sorted quickly, if only to ease a little of the stress you're contending with :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby countyfan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Didn't think they could possibly lose it as my husband actually handed it to the receptionist BUT never mind... Luckily the hospital have agreed to issue a new one. Work are still marking it down that they hadn't got it Friday when the other one finished, even though husband took it in on THURSDAY morning!
Hubby is actually going to insist that the Boss, who is always boasting about how early he gets into work, meets him at 8.15 (Officially he should be there at 8 but last twice a sick note has been delivered he hasn't been there) to put this new one directly into Boss' hand! :-x
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Good idea, how on earth they misplaced your note is a mystery, ridiculous that they are putting you through all this extra stress :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby countyfan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm

What a surprise, Boss wasn't in, apparently he's 'working from home'! Anyway, to ensure it didn't get lost by receptionist my husband insisted she kept it until it was picked up by someone from the laboratory at 9am. Then he rang the Lab and told one of my colleagues to go and get it and place it on the Boss' desk. If this one gets lost, then at least someone in the department actually saw it and I will begin to believe my Mum, who thinks that they accidentally/on purpose lost the other one, to try and build up a case against me not following the proper sickness procedure! :twisted:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits