[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - atos assessment for DLA or ESA?

atos assessment for DLA or ESA?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

atos assessment for DLA or ESA?

Postby radol » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 pm

hi ,I have applied for esa a year ago ,my partner work more than 24 h , so I don't get benefit, i get national insurance credit ,they sent me an appointment for atos in november , but I couldn't go because I was very sick i am still sending a medical certificate ,I applied for dla a month ago ,I received a letter from atos to attend an assessment at the health centre , so I don't know if the appointment is for DLA or for ESA ?if it for dla can I ask them for a home visit? diagnosis: fibro,pco,asma, keratoconus, hypothyrodism ,obesity ,intracranial hypotention , IBS,DEGENERATIVE DISC ,VITA D deficiency
radol
UKFM Newbie

Re: atos assessment for DLA or ESA?

Postby cate2979 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Hiya,
check the ref. numbers on both letters, altho they are probably national insurance number but just incase. also check the addresses, they mite be different.
cate2979
UKFM Newbie

Postby radol » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 pm

hi, thank you for reply ,ues it is the same health centredo you think they are going to award me ,with all this medical condition ,
radol
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

We can't say if they might be going to award you anything I'm afraid, that all comes down to the decision maker who is given your file once all the info, evidence, assessments etc have been compiled.

There should be a contact number on the letter you have received with the new date for your assessment. Give them a call and ask them which claim this assessment relates to. As a very, very general idea, assessments for ESA tend to be carried out at these centres whilst an assessment for DLA tends to be carried out at your home, but of course it isn't always the case, so talking to them should give you a better idea.

If you have any worries about speaking to them yourself, you could see if someone you trust will call them on your behalf and see if they will tell them which claim the assessment is for.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: confused , assessment for DLA or ESA?

Postby radol » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

hi,i have sent a new claim for DLA ,5 weeks ago,I received a letter to attend an assessment at the health centre, it is the same letter whitch I received last November for ESA assessment ,I didn't attend that ,because I was sick, only the date was changed , also I received a job centre plus leaflet with it ,any advice
radol
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits