left work

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

left work

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:24 pm

sadly i had to leave work dr told me i cant do it any more, so here i am trying to get benefit , for now ive gone for lone parent benefit
as im not sure il get any with firbo ,D of W AND p said i should if dr will back me up but what i read here people seem to have t fight for it for months
is that ture for the uk we cant calim
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: left work

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Sorry you had to leave work but totally understand the difficulties that this horrid illness can throw up .

Try not to worry about other people benefit problems , go to CAB or another support service and ask what benefits you may be entitiled to . Then apply for each one and see what happens . I have been lucky enough that I have applied for DLA and got it without even a medical , I have also applied for ESA and am claiming at the lower rate while waiting on a decision regarding my claim .

Each of us is an individual and although some have had a hard time claiming what they should be entitled to , it doesn't mean that it will be that way for you .

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

hi, sorry that it has turned out that way for you but you have to put your health first,

like ISM has said seek advice and dont worry if your dr has told you to give up work he understands how things are for you and that will stand you in good stead,

hope all goes well for you.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Exactly we all have different circumstances and so until you take proper advice you wont really know what you are entitled to. Dont let other peoples experiences put you off, if you do find you have to fight then there are people out there to help :fingercrossed: it all goes smoothly for you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 pm

thankyou for the posts like i said im waiting for one benefit then once thats sorted i will try for more .hugs a gentle hug all round :-)
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits