How long before hearing

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How long before hearing

Postby julesleics » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi all I have just joined the site as my GP recommended it to me. I have been viewing as a guest and now joined.

I have suffered with Fibromyalgia amongst other things for several years now and I have every sympathy and understanding for others who are suffering. It is horrible and people do not understand just what we are going through.

Anyway I just wondered if anyone could help. I had an ESA form to fill in back in December , I was chased up a week after receiving it to see why i had not returned it. I sent it in and have not heard nothing as yet. The reason I wonder is because when i had the initial phone call to say this form was on its way I was told that as soon as I returned the form I would receive a call within a fortnight at the most either inviting me to assessment or telling me I had failed and so far I have not heard anything and we are now into March.

My GP has had nothing come through to her, even though I asked them to contact her so I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced a delay in them contacting them.

Thanks
julesleics
UKFM Member

Re: How long before hearing

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 pm

My advice would be to call them to make sure they have received everything and how long you will have to wait for any outcome/phone call
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: How long before hearing

Postby julesleics » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Thanks Lisa I was thinking of this. I had to write to DWP last year and was not sure which office to send it to as I had had letters from three different offices. I had no reply so rang the general number and it took ages to get through and when I finally did I was told I had wrote to the wrong office as they no longer dealt with my claim and she was quite abrupt with me. My partner tried to contact them on my behalf last month and gave up in the end as he was on the phone for about 25 minutes and still no reply and he said he was sure they would contact me at some point.

My GP has said not too worry too much about it she is sure they will be in touch but perhaps I should try and ring again to see what is happening.

Thanks
julesleics
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits