Do the DWP really expect us to print of 60 pages?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Do the DWP really expect us to print of 60 pages?

Postby SuperCat007 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi, I remember you used to be able to request for an ESA form to be sent to you so you could fill it in and send it back. Now that stupid website won't let me do it. I'm getting so frustrated with the so called 'interactive' one... By the time I've scrolled to the part it suggests I should read if I want to claim this, but not that... :crazy: I've forgotten why I've scrolled there. Add to that it is a hell of a lot harder trying to read it and fill it in on the computer. Also the f***** thing is 60 pages long! Do they really expect your to fill out and print 60 pages all at your own expense for a c***** £50 a week which you probably won't get after being sent to those ATOS b*******?!

Arghhh I could scream! :evil: :yikes:

Anyway, apologies for the rant. If anybody could tell me how I request one to be sent in the post like in the good old days then I would be very grateful. I will phone them when I am feeling a little calmer, I really don't want to talk to some idiot in a call centre who thinks I'm stupid because I have to claim ESA because I'm too ill and poor to do anything else. Grrrrr. :evil:
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Do the DWP really expect us to print of 60 pages?

Postby xxbrandiexx » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi i applied for ESA a couple of weeks ago and they did my claim over the phone, it took about 30 mins to do but at least i didnt have to struggle with 60 pages. then they will end a form from ATOS which is more of the same. Or you could go to CAB, think they can help with these ridiculus forms :roll: Good luck x
xxbrandiexx
UKFM Newbie

Postby angelwings1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I did mine over the phone about 6 weeks ago, although I found it had to understand some of the questions as my mind kept going blank and I found the person on the end of the line a little intollerant :nono:
angelwings1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 am

If you ring the free phone number you can fill out your claim over the phone ( guy who did mine was lovely and suggested I follow the form on the computer if I thought I was getting confused but was happy enough to go over the questions as many times as I wanted.)

They then send out the completed form, you have to go over the form and be assured the answers are correct. Be careful and check every question as I was told that they sometime do put in a small wrong answer just to check that you have read it.

Once you happy and have fixed any issues (just write ammendment beside where it is wrong) send it back in the SAE

I found it really easy and the people on the phone were really nice.

good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shellyjean » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Do they really expect your to fill out and print 60 pages

Hi. I got my daughter to collect mine from our local job center. They probably have given up posting them out now. I can remember that i went to see my advocate and she requested one but when i went to see her two weeks later with the one my daughter collected, she was shocked to hear that i had not recieved it through the post. She then rang the benefits agency to be told that they dont bother sending them out all the time because they only receive 20% back. This is not surprising because they are so difficult to fill in.
shellyjean
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits