I won at renewal time

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I won at renewal time

Postby Cybermum » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:54 pm

I started a claim this time last year when I finally got my diagnosis of Fibro. It took them months till they sent me a letter saying 'Computer Says No'. So I appealed, sent letter to the appeal saying I wouldn't be there myself for it due to the travelling and my anxiety and panic attacks etc meant I canot be in a room with groups of people let alone also under pressure.
I was then awarded the lowest care in October 2012.
Then one month later, I received a letter saying that come March this year I would have to reapply :roll:
So filled in the forms yet again, and waited. And received a letter last week saying I have been awarded lowest care again and till 2015. Didn't even have to appeal this time. Was well shocked. Some of the things they said in the decision contradicted what I had put ie: what I can and can't do. But I am too scared to argue about their wording and saying I don't agree as they will stop my payments end of this month as it's due to end then while they relook into it all. So I am happy enough to settle for lowest care, because it actually feels like they believe me. :-D
Although, they'd have been hard pushed to argue and refuse my claim since the tribunal only 5 months ago made them award me the lowest. :lol:

Jo
xx
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Re: I won at renewal time

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

hi, im glad you didnt have to fight this time and have 2yrs less worry.

take carexx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 pm

:welldone: cybermum. Thats good news :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby clubsound4 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I was already on DLA low care only and have just applied for mobility DLA because of my diagnosis and all the ongoing problems it is causing, they are waiting for a report from my GP at present so fingers crossed there will be some good news in the next few weeks!! but I urge people to read any forms that you are sent carefully because when I went for a medical the nurse had put on I walked from a bus stop some 500 yards away when she actually helped me herself out of a cab some 10 feet from the door of the medical building and I was able to point this out at the tribunal,utter lies!!
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits