The dreaded brown envelope has landed!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The dreaded brown envelope has landed!!

Postby PainBeGone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:32 pm

I went for my ESA assessment at an ATOS center a few weeks ago. About 10 minutes ago the descision letter dropped through my door.

I've been placed in the WRAG group! I am so pleased that they actually recognised that I am unwell but wanting to return to work once I have the fibro and my anxiety better under control. Are the interviews with your personal advisor 1 on 1, or a group setting? I don't manage very well in groups!

I am still so relieved though. its unbelievable!!
~~*~~ Lex ~~*~~
PainBeGone
UKFM Member

Re: The dreaded brown envelope has landed!!

Postby cate2979 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Hiya, well done firstly :-) the assessments are not easy lol. Ur interviews are 1-1, and normally in the jobcentreplus office. they are basically to see what u mite be capable of working at.
cate2979
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolo73 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm

I am glad your pleased with the outcome :-D
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Im glad you are pleased with the outcome, I was placed in the other group which you actually get slightly more benefit for, I dont attend any meetings until case review in October,,I hate the dreaded brown envelopes also lol!! :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby PainBeGone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi! Thanks for replying :-)

I am relieved because I thought that they would make me jump through hoops to be awarded anything (you hear so many stories don't you?!)

I'm not too sure what happens at these interviews, do any of you know? I'm quite anxious about the whole thing to be honest. I will need to take my sister with me as I've never been to a job Centre before so will most definitely suffer an anxiety attack when there! God help my poor adviser, I'll be a shaking, sobbing, hyperventilating wreck!! :oops:
~~*~~ Lex ~~*~~
PainBeGone
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:26 pm

When i first had to claim for benefits and started the ESA forms and had my medical i too was pleased with the outcome although on WRAG as so many many people dont even get that!
I now tho being on this a few years and health getting worse will fight for support group but just gettin *in* was a huge relief in itself!

I have had ine interview and due another next month :roll:

They will talk to you about previous careers/jobs and what qualification you have. Ask if you want any help with getting back into work or courses/college/studying.

Ask how your illnesses may effect what sort of work you want to do and how they can help to assist this

Alot of interviews i have to say are not as straight forward and some advisers can be rather (tryin to think of a word apart from bully you) :roll: pressure you? into signing on courses you know your unable to do or put you on work related pathways. My tip is never sign for anything unless you yourself know you can do.

Some interviews like mine were good. By time she went down half my list of conditions she said she had seen enough, told me to go home and she would call me next time :crazy: i never heard a bean for nearly 2 years (until now lol) im hoping they will see how *unfit* i am and do the same lol :-| :-| :-|

good luck!!!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby PainBeGone » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi Lisa :-)

It sounds like you have a good advisor, which is great. I know I couldn't cope with courses just now, so will be warey of them trying to push me. I'm not able to cope with much to be honest. I'm unable to take the prescribed pain killers Tramadol, they make me so ill! And after years of taking co codamol, my body has suddenly decided it no longer likes it, and it makes me shake sends me dizzy and I feel so sick I need to go to bed. I'm trying to cope with paracetamol and diclofenac - they're about as much use as a chocolate teapot!!

I have had to make so many adjustments to my everyday life, sometimes it feels like I will never be able to work again. I can't sit for long, I can't stand for long, I can't write properly as the muscles in my wrist spasm and my fingers feel broken. My memory is awful, words seem
To be sliding out of my brain on a daily basis. I couldn't think of the word garage the other day -

It's erm.... Erm.... It's outside, in where the bikes are kept
The Garage?
YES! The garage, that's the word!

It's awful, I feel like a plonker. I do want to go back to work though. I really want to retrain and become a welfare rights officer. I'm hoping that once they have sorted out my pain management and I get the anxiety attacks under control; and maybe start sleeping without the aid of zopiclone - the WRAG can help me with getting into this line of work.

I won't lie, I'm a bit scared
~~*~~ Lex ~~*~~
PainBeGone
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Good luck with the interview etc PainBeGone have to say like you the thought of it was really starting to freak me out a bit, as I have thankfully never had to use the job centres etc for way over 30 years.

Just received a "Brown Envelope" myself this morning from the personal advisor telling me "it has now been established that due to your circumstances you are no longer required to attend for interviews"

I am on long term sick at the moment from my job but have to attend an interview with the HR very soon.... probably to discuss an exit strategy ! Do you think the powers that be in the benefits office decided because I am technically still on sick leave that I won't be looking for another job or could it be something else?

I haven't heard anything about my ESA claim am still waiting to be asked to go for a medical etc. although have filled in & returned all the forms.

Any thoughts ?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Lex, have you asked if you could try paracetamol and codeine separately?? If it's suitable, it might give you a little more flexibility in dosage to get things behaving more suitably.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Great news :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits