Work Programme Appointment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Work Programme Appointment

Postby suelynn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello Everyone i could do with some help. I received a letter yesterday telling me to go for a work programme appointment has anyone had any experience of this because i am not sure what will happen and do they try and get you to go back to work? I feel this will be a waste of their time and mine as was pensioned off from my previous job due to ill health.
Just what i needed something else to worry about.
suelynn
UKFM Member

Re: Work Programme Appointment

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:39 pm

I asume your in the WRAG group of ESA?

These are standered appointments and i have been to one and due my second next month. We all dread the appointments. It varies.

I myself have had a positive appontment but i know many who have not.

They ask you about your past emplyement and what qualification you have etc. They ask if your wanting any help with courses or studying. See what line of work your interested in and help you find employement.

Sometimes they can pressure you into courses that you know your unable to attend/do so its worth not signing for anything unless your 100percent sure you feel your able to achieve this. You can discuss any problems you have they may effect employement and lots more. SOme advisers assess everything and see that theres no way they can help and let you go and call you back another time.

In your case i would take any information and letters you had/have on leaving your job because of ill health, this should support you in being left alone or they may advice you to look into about how to get into the support group?

Take any paperwork/consultant letters and GP notes whatever you can find on your conditions also for support to show them you are unable for employement.

good luck
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Work Programme Appointment

Postby boomboom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:04 pm

my gp wrote them a letter telling them they would have to come and see me as it was impossible due to the nature and symptoms of fibro to say i would be well enough to attend on any specific date..they put me in the support group and said I dont have to attend any interviews..gd luck :-)
boomboom
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits