dont know whether to retry for dla?????

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dont know whether to retry for dla?????

Postby mrsjayp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi i've just found out about this site from my iapt therapist i do get DLA at the moment but it's lower rate I mainly get it because i have a stoma bag which classes me as incontenant but i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia nearly 2 years ago and have found that mainly it's the fatigue that i suffer with every single day it's like living on a time limit on good day i wake up fine but at 2pm on the dot the fatigue hits like a tidal wave however the pain side i can cope with because i think i have a high pain threshhold and have arthritis with my crohnes desease (which i was born with) so im used to pain but when it's really severe i can be in agony and if i can get up to go to the bathroom my 12 year old daughter or husband has to help me because im like an elderly 99 year old instead of the 33 year old that i am. so i'm starting to really struggle i work a part time job cleaning our local church and am finding im having more time off i dont get any sick pay so if i dont work i dont get paid so i could do with my DLA going to higher rate to make that money up that i loose when i cant work. I need to work because every little helps. But I'm worried if i reaply they might just take what money they do give me on DLA away Could that happen? I mean i might not get it moved up to middle it may be turned down but i couldnt cope if they took it away completely :( does anyone have any advice please ???? many thanks jay x
mrsjayp
UKFM Newbie

Re: dont know whether to retry for dla?????

Postby clubsound4 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi,I am currently in recent of low care dla only and recently have asked to have my case looked at again due to the fibro and the problems it is causing..I had to fill out a lengthy form and was told a decision could take at least 11 weeks and they have asked for a report from my GP, I was told that all my circumstances would be looked at again including my current claim and if it could be increased or bettered it would be but on very rare occasion it would be stopped altogether..while the case is being looked at again you receive your normal payment but if you are deemed to qualify for more dla you will get it backdated to the day you asked them to look again..I havent had a decision as yet but am awaiting the BROWN ENVELOPE!! hope this helps good luck!! :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby mrsjayp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you lots :-D x
mrsjayp
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:25 pm

On the down side which people need to be aware of it that when you go for a change of circumstances you can also loose out and have to repay moneys back from when your COC changed if they reduce your award your currently on.

Im sure in many cases everything is fine its making sure you are aware of everything before you make this decision. If you cannot wait for your renewal then seek advoce for CAB and they can also help with form filling in.

Collect as much evidance from your COC as you can

good luck!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mrsjayp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:37 pm

thanks Lisa :-D xx :cat2:
mrsjayp
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits