dla refused

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla refused

Postby radol » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:12 pm

hi,i have sent dla application form 6 wks ago ,I received refusal letter this week ,they didn't ask for doctor examination,they said at your own speed you can manage everything , I don't know how to appeal and ido I need a solicitor? i am taking 12 mediations also have fibro,pco,asma, keratoconus and sight problem , cronic back pain hypothyrodism ,obesity ,intracranial hypotention , IBS,DEGENERATIVE DISC on the neck and back ,VITA D deficiency , cronic tieredness ,cronic headache ,poor balance
radol
UKFM Newbie

Re: dla refused

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Call them and say you will be appealing and ask for the appeal form and all of the evidance from any information they got from your GP etc so you know whats been said...

You will have to appeal against what you feel is wrong by what they say with reasons why and proof/any evidence to back your claim.

You can ask the CAB for advice and help

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby radol » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 pm

hi, the appeal form ,is it GL24?do I need solicitor , what is the normal speed ?
radol
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm

No just fill the form out and send it off. I think you may have 4 weeks from the date of the letter to do this within ?

Take all the informatio they took against your decision you feel is not right and explain your reasons for this and add any extra information you can with any hospital notes/back up letters.

You can call them and them to send all the papers they had which they made there decision on like any GP notes and wait til that arrives as you somtimes find your GP may not have put in as much as you would have liked or covered certain areas or in some cases put alot of *no record*

This may take a while tho for them to send out but hould be within enough time for the 4 weeks deadline.

Sometimes you can call them and explain over the phone why you disagree with there decision and they will advice you on what to do next.

It can be many weeks for an appeal to be looked into again or months we dont know its how busy they are and if they need to ask for more information or wait for more info.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby radol » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm

hi lisa thank you for advice
radol
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cybermum » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm

If they have contradicted anything you wrote on the claim form. ie: If you said, you cannot walk more than 50 yards unaided, yet they have put you can, point this out on the appeal form.
Also, with mine, the made their decision from a form a GP filled in at my surgery. It wasn't my normal GP, so the one filing in the form actually wrote 'I don't know' on most the questions. I asked how a decision could be made using that lack of info and also why they had not used any info from my Rheumotologist consultant since they wrote to me months previous saying they werre writing to him. So go through all their reasons for refusal and if any are the opposite of what you know you wrote then point them out. Also, when I was given a date that the appeal would be heard on, I was asked if I would attend. But I wrote back saying I would be unable to attend due to not being able to travel on public transport and due to being on my feet too long, but also because of my anxieties and panic attacks I would not be able to cope being there. They will watch you if you go and see how you manage.
Hope some of this helps.

Jo
xx
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits