[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Still shell shocked !...ESA Support Group

Still shell shocked !...ESA Support Group

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Still shell shocked !...ESA Support Group

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Thats great news ISM :welldone: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby macca » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 am

Belter news ISM, another rightfully justified decision. Time to try and relax for a bit with at least one huge weight off your mind.

Take care, and well done

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks folks for your all kind words & support after I posted my good news.

I did think hard about posting it, as I know so many of you have had a long and arduous journey down the ESA road . Unfortunatly sometimes with results that are hard for anyone suffering this awful illness to understand.

Then I thought that the good news might be just what someone needed to show that occasionally the system does work and so there is light at the end of the tunnel .

For all those still "in discussion " with the ESA folk don't give up, you can never tell what the outcome might be.

HUgs
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Totally ISM, fight fight fight all the way the best advice. I stood up to the school bully and it felt good, all these years later its just a different bully.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey ISM.... really good news :-D :-D :-D This gives inspiration to others fighting for things xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm

wish i was on the forum for that advice,result they took me of support group and put on esa as from yesterday and that work related,i am still shell shocked re it,so i wil defo go on that site next time around,just waiting on appeal form as there in for a BIG fight 4Sure,happy for ladys above tho :-D as uz must be feeling great :welldone: :cow-wave: :chicken-dance: :wine: :flowers:
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry to hear you news Sweetie pie ,you must be totally gutted.
the forum also has advice re appeals procedure for all benefits so might be worth a try plus I think they have a "sale" on memebrship until end of this month think its down by a couple of £.

good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:33 am

:welldone:

ISM,

could you please put up the link to the site?
thank you

:flowers:

Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm

For Fibro-lu and any others that might consider using the Benefits & Work site . Thier web address is :-

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

A subscription to Benefits and Work costs just £19.45 for a full year.

Hope they can help even one more person....... as I don't think I could have done it with out them :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks iceskatemum for advice have put it in my fav file,yes still gutted :pull-hair: :waiting: will just wait and see how it goes this time around xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 am

:fingerscrossed: and everything else crossed for you Sweetie Pie
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Bexbexbex » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 pm

That's amazing news.

I've applied for ESA and DLA still waiting on word back from them. Do u have to get medical certificates from the doctor to prove your not fit for work?

Does anyone know what the steps are like to recieving ESA? Getting pretty low on funds and feeling nervous...
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 pm

I can only talk about my own experience, as I am still "officially" employed and on long term sick, I get the not fit for work note from my GP as usual and send it into work.They log on thier system that I am still off work and then forward to the ESA claims office, so that the ESA people know I am still off sick and for how long.

Sorry can't remember how long before my ESA money came through (can't have been that long) but I was put on an initial £70 per week..... think they advise you can be on this for approx 3 months and then once my claim was properly assessed this rose to just over £100 per week.

Once your DLA is assessed and if you satisfy the various levels you get the money through fairly quickly.

Hope that helps

take care
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Bexbexbex » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Thanks for the reply iceskatemum.

Fingers crossed that mines comes through, and they have faith in my truth that I'm telling about my pain. fingers crossed (ouch lol) :) xxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby ROSE123 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

I have just got back from my second tribunal I have been so stressed over the last 2 years because the 1st one i was turned down so I appealed and then it went to a judge and then it was sent back and I have been told that no points have been awarded for my fibro but 15 points have been given for my bronchiectasis and emphysema. I dont understand my fibro is awful as you all know! I have also been put in the support group and dwp have been asked not to reassess me for 24 months. At the moment I am on 16 hours oxygen by the time 24 months have gone by I will most likely be on walking oxygen , I am not jumping for joy but will wait and see what the DWP sends me. As far as I am concerned the dwp have robbed me of the last 2 years and put me and my husband through hell for which I find unforgivable. I am glad of this site and hope and wish that everyone who is going through this process good luck and don't give up if anything I feel vindicated. :goodluck2:
ROSE123
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits