Resignation

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Resignation

Postby countyfan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Well I've finally taken the plunge and done it.
What you may ask? I've handed in my resignation to the workplace that has contributed, in no small measure to my current ill health.
People have said, including some members of my family, that I should have stuck it out and forced them to dismiss me-then taken them to a tribunal!
However, the relief from worry about the situation and the fact that I can now concentrate on recovering from a spinal op I've had on my neck, has reinforced to me that I have done the right thing. There is the possibility of a part-time job elsewhere, albeit at a lower wage, so I haven't totally burned all my bridges..It will be interesting to see if, after I am recovered from the effects of the operation, the Fibro symptoms are relieved at all. I could just feel that the antagonistic situation at work was detrimental to my health. :(
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Resignation

Postby sheila300 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Wishing you all the best for your future. :-D
sheila300
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:48 pm

hi we need to do what we think is right for us as uthers dont fully understand how we feel even if they realy try to understand,

i feel if you have lesend your worry and stress it can only do good,

hope you have a speedy recovery and things work out in your favour.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:43 pm

That's a HHHUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE move, but what is important us that you have done what feels right for you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope the part~time option works out nicely for you and that your recovery is a speedy one :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Good for you CF 'cause I know how difficult things had become for you. :welldone:

Understand where the family are coming from but sometimes letting go is the better option particularly for your own mental or physical health.

Hope you're recovery from the op is going well and that you are taking things at a steady pace. Like to think the better days are ahead of us maybe then you can get out in the sunshine , that always makes for feeling better.

Take care
Gentle hugs

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 am

CF you have to listen to yourself and make the decisions best for you so congratulations on taking that huge leap and :fingerscrossed: you will get some peace and a chance to recover properly :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby countyfan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks all of you for your messages of support.
It's amazing how much better I feel psychologically, now that I've made that final decision. At the moment I still have 5 weeks off sick, as I am having to wear a cervical support collar until I see the consultant at the end of April! However, the coming of spring and a new, less stressful job in May can't help but be better for me. :-D
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 am

Great to hear you are feeling less stressed :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits