iv done it iv applied for dla

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

hi, yesterday i filled out my dla form with the help do dics in preston,

the lady was lovely helpful ans very understanding,

i dont hold out much hope but according to her i should be entitled to something,

i have put it of as i felt that there where others out there in a worse situation than me and they were haveing to fight for what the need and are due.

all in hopeing for is a bit of help to maybe get a little help round the home to take a bit of strain of hubby,

he is haveing to do more and more in the home and bussiness and its hard to see him while i do nothing same old ground we go over
i know,

so iv done it and will await the refusal and then the fight but the lady from disc said they will do all they can and have been vert succesful in helping others .

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: iv done it iv applied for dla

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 pm

:goodluck1: MB.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:08 pm

So glad you have finaly got the form in , lets hope you get something rather than a flat no.

Like you I also feel guilty about what OH has to do, so have gone and hired a cleaner !! Have done it with out him knowing as he wasn't keen on it for some reason so she comes when everyone out at school /work . So far she is concentrating on a room at a time to get things back to how I like them , as yet no one in the family have said anything but at least I know its clean !

As an friend said ...its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

hi, thanks i know i will probably have to fight but i will do as the lady at disc said and go back to then and let them handle things ,

it shouldnt be this way should it but as she said they make it as hard as possible so we will give up.

ism, im glad to hear your cleaner is working out i hope it has took some presure away for you,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Bexbexbex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:18 pm

Hiya how did your DLA claim go?
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:39 pm

hi, bex,

its still in prosses iv had a letter that they are writing to my gp, so still waiting,

im not expecting them to give it me without a fight but the lovely people at disc said they will help me all the way,

i took her all my letters from hospital and she helped me fill in the forms and said i had to fight if rejected ,

are you claiming or thinking about it

i put it off for ages as i can still do some work at our business but needing more and more help with day to day things i no longer go out alone,

so i would say do sooner than later.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Bexbexbex » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:08 pm

I've put in a claim but quite worried haha! Had to call up and change my mobility as it's got worse so dont know if that will affect it or not...

Fingers crossed you hear soon :) xxxxxxx
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits