advice plz

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

advice plz

Postby fibrocomfort » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:36 am

Hi all

just asking if anyone who has applied for a reconsideration for DLA how long it takes to hear its been nearly 3 weeks, i dont know whether to give them a call :-|

cas
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Re: advice plz

Postby clubsound4 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:52 am

Hi, I was on DLA low rate for care only and have asked for my case to be looked at again to see if I could get mobility etc and sent the forms in 5 weeks ago approx,they said if hadnt heard anything in 11 weeks to give them a call,,however I have had two letters apologizing for the delay etc and rang up a few days ago, got a lovely lady who told me they are absolutely inundated,suppose it depends on each cases circumstances they are waiting for several doctors reports etc, welcome to the waiting club :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:54 am

I might also add that if it goes in your favour it is backdated to the date you asked them to look at it again,even if you have to appeal ,,x
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby fibrocomfort » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:56 am

Hi clubsound4

thanks for replying , i also get low rate mobility but due to the problems with all of my conditions i asked for a reconsideration

so it looks like i will wait with u lol , but i thought i might of had a letter by now saying they got it or are dealing with it at least oh well
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:12 am

yes its a waiting game but thousands in same boat,I hope you have the desired outcome but until then its the big wait for the brown envelope x :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby miller » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:25 am

sorry to burst any bubble but i have been on hold for almost 12 months now ,dont know what to do anymore very desperaste .
miller
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am

clubsound4 wrote:I might also add that if it goes in your favour it is backdated to the date you asked them to look at it again,even if you have to appeal ,,x

I will also add that if it doesnt go withi your favour and they take away or lower an award you will have to pay back moneys from date of the change of circumstances.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits