atos

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

atos

Postby sue dowling » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:06 am

hi i have M E since age 34 and fibro since 2007 also diabetic was put in the work related group contribution based saw lady from job centre every three months who agreed i wasnt fit for work after the 365 days wich fell on dec 18th 2012 my money was stopped id never been given any clue this was to happen as i was sighned off by atos doctor or watever they are till sept 2013 i rang dwp to see why my money had just stopped they sed id used all my contributions so i sed what do i do now then they sed nothing u cant sighn on cus your not fit to work so i have not had a penny since then .and in january this year i recived another large form to fill in about myself rang the number on the form and spoke to my support worker at job centre they didnt no why id had this form n told me to fill it in so i did i then received another appointment to go to hanley stoke on trent for another medical report (atoss) i rang and was told i could cancel as it was on there records im sighned off too sick to work till sept 2013 i sed no i will attend so now im waiting to see the outcome..... hubby earns £120 per week cant claim anything for me as he receives more than £111 paying 10 pounds rent wich rises to 22 pounds in april extra 12pounds n 26p (bedroom tax) as we are in a 2 bed house we have our name down for a 1 bungalow due to both haveing health issues (hes down for new knee) we have been paying 15 pounds water rates weekly 15 pounds electric and 20 pounds for gas and 15 pounds a weekfor council tax as u can see leaves us with very little money has anyone else been in this situation any advice im new on here thanks eor excepting me into the group xxxx
sue dowling
UKFM Newbie

Re: atos

Postby denys » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:57 am

Hi Sue, lots of members are having trouble with the contributions based ESA, have you tried applying for DLA :?: :?: :?: :?: it might be worth a try, and as for the ATOS medical, see if you can have a home assessment, I think you have to get your GP on side. Have a look in the Benefits and work (which I'm moving your post into as its more suitable) you will find loads of advice and stories very similar to your own :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tracyclarke » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:16 am

Sue you need to try and get onto the ASSISTED ESA you may need to get help from the CAB to do this.
I feel your pain and frustrations things are just as bad here for myself and my husband. He lost his job in 2011 then had to have an op on his shoulder, he is now self employed. I had to give up work in July due to my health. I tried to get ESA but apparently in 2010 i didnt pay enough stamps. As for working tax credits we cant get them because in 2010 wait for it...... we earned to much money. Hummm go figure.
I have a claim in for DLA but i am having to go through the appeals process so god only knows how long thats going take. I am going to try and claim for working tax and ESA again in April and i have a lovely woman from our local disability centre that is going to try and help me get onto the assisted ESA.

Just a thought, i have seen this alot of late, dont know how true it is as it does not affect me as i have my own house but if your spare bedroom is a box room your exempt from the bed room tax. Cant hurt to look into it. xx

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon. xxx

Tracy x
tracyclarke
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 am

Box room/Bedroom tax
Attachments
boxroom.jpg
boxroom.jpg (33.87 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 am

This is disgusting.... what are people supposed to do???? I hope you can get away with bedroom tax at least!!

Hope you manage to get some help from somewhere as well xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby sue dowling » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:16 pm

moomoos wrote:This is disgusting.... what are people supposed to do???? I hope you can get away with bedroom tax at least!!

Hope you manage to get some help from somewhere as well xx

thanks xx
sue dowling
UKFM Newbie

Postby sue dowling » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 pm

tracyclarke wrote:Sue you need to try and get onto the ASSISTED ESA you may need to get help from the CAB to do this.
I feel your pain and frustrations things are just as bad here for myself and my husband. He lost his job in 2011 then had to have an op on his shoulder, he is now self employed. I had to give up work in July due to my health. I tried to get ESA but apparently in 2010 i didnt pay enough stamps. As for working tax credits we cant get them because in 2010 wait for it...... we earned to much money. Hummm go figure.
I have a claim in for DLA but i am having to go through the appeals process so god only knows how long thats going take. I am going to try and claim for working tax and ESA again in April and i have a lovely woman from our local disability centre that is going to try and help me get onto the assisted ESA.

Just a thought, i have seen this alot of late, dont know how true it is as it does not affect me as i have my own house but if your spare bedroom is a box room your exempt from the bed room tax. Cant hurt to look into it. xx

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon. xxx

Tracy x
thank you hun xxxx
sue dowling
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits