ESA support group and working

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA support group and working

Postby seahorse » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:42 pm

I have tried to claim ESA for the last couple of years and they have refused to pay it because I haven't paid enough NI contributions. Because I have a husband works I'm not entitled to income based ESA. I have been placed in the Support group for ESA but don't get any money (it's £105 a week)

I have taken my wage slips and P60's to the CAB and phoned the NI people numerous times who have told me that I have paid enough NI to claim benefits!

Finally I decided to give up and have got a part time job (11 hrs a week) and last week I got the GL24 form from the job centre and a statement of my NI payments and credits and posted it off.

This morning I received 4 different letters telling me they have paid me ESA and backdated it to last year!! I have been given about £4000 and they are going to pay me £105 a week from now on. I am so relieved :)

So I have looked up on DWP page that I can work up to 16 hrs a week and earn less than £95 a week and this won't affect my ESA, is this correct?
seahorse
UKFM Member

Re: ESA support group and working

Postby babajane32 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:59 pm

I would have serious doubts about you working 16 hours a week I. The support group.....I hope I am wrong,but isn't it proving that you have limited capability for work, ie wrap group? Definately time to talk to cab I think.
babajane32
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:33 pm

I agree with babajane, sorry I think its very surprising if it is true you can work and be in the support group so be very very careful :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi

If you are in the support group in general you are not fit to work. I know you probably took the job out of desperation as finances can be very tight but I would think very carefully about the position you are in and are you fit to work. I am in the support group and there is no way I could work. If you are fit to do some work I think you should tell DWP as it is a change in circumstances since the decision to put you into the support group was made, but don't do anything until you have taken advice.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I would hate you to get into any trouble.

Milly :-D xxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

They have just put me as from yesterday back on to esa as i was on support group,it must be all this knew stuff know with the gov,anyway phoned the lot of them,so there sending out appeal form,so will wait and hear what i am on next,if im on the same i will go to the daily record after sending cammeron a letter,as this illness has wrecked everything re our lifes now,just accepting this illness find that very hard as the thought of being in pain for the rest of our lifes,is a very big thing for a person to accept,and having know understanding from these folk make us feel worse,gosh what we all have got to put up with on top of our widespread pain daily and the rest,is a total disgrace on there part :too-upset: :waiting: :scream-1:
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby seahorse » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi all have given up my job even 11hrs a week was too much for me :(

I have been reading that apparently if you are in the support group you can chose to go to see a work related activity advisor. If I could get a job doing something nice and sedentary that means I could use my wheelchair I would love it.

I bloody hate not working, I've gone from working full time and having a fit competition horse to doing nothing, I've put on 3 stone and can't exercise to get it off, I'm bloody fed up :(
seahorse
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 am

It's called "permitted working" and yes can be done even if you are in support group xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits