ESA query

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA query

Postby angelsings » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Can someone please explain to me the difference and elegibility for the two different kinds of ESA, namely "income related" and "assisted" thanks.
angelsings
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA query

Postby Claros00 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:12 pm

I believe one is based on your income (you can receive income based ESA if your household income is considered low) Not sure of the threshold. Then there is contributions based ESA, which depends on the amount of national insurance have been paid by you, or on your behalf, over the years. As it stands, contributions based ESA will expire after 365 days, if you get awarded it after your medical exam. You will get placed in a work related activity group (WRAG) and payment will end. Alternatively, you'll get placed in the support group (less likely) and you will continue to receive contributions based ESA permanently. Hope this makes sense! x
Claros00
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA query

Postby denys » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Have a read through some of the other topics in this board regarding ESA but I think the above poster has it pretty much nailed down :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits