got my wca in two weeks...

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

got my wca in two weeks...

Postby animeemo3 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:13 am

hi all, back again haha slightly better mood this time!
right, i have my wca in just less than two weeks, and had a question for those who passed their wca. did anyone have swallowing difficulties at their wca (and told atos ect), and how did you get scored? im unable to swallow anything firmer than porridge without it getting horribly stuck halfway down, being really painful and making me almost choke to death. i have an endoscopy planned next wednesday to TRY and find out whats going on :roll: kinda looking for a little hope, after hearing about people far far far worse than me being point blank denied :cry:
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: got my wca in two weeks...

Postby whoami » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I am in Canada, could you explain what WCA is please and how it works, scoring etc. Thanks!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm

animeemo3 wrote:hi all, back again haha slightly better mood this time!
right, i have my wca in just less than two weeks, and had a question for those who passed their wca. did anyone have swallowing difficulties at their wca (and told atos ect), and how did you get scored? im unable to swallow anything firmer than porridge without it getting horribly stuck halfway down, being really painful and making me almost choke to death. i have an endoscopy planned next wednesday to TRY and find out whats going on :roll: kinda looking for a little hope, after hearing about people far far far worse than me being point blank denied :cry:

You will get the results of the endoscopy straight after its been done so you will have a diagnoses for the WCA

You may be scored on a low leval for this depending on diagnoses, as the main points go to people who cannot swollow at all and need tube feeding.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 pm

whoami wrote:I am in Canada, could you explain what WCA is please and how it works, scoring etc. Thanks!

This may help you with your questions

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 177366.pdf
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits