Should I try for DLA/PIP?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Should I try for DLA/PIP?

Postby munclesmubb » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 am

Hi everyone.

Happy Easter.

I transferred from IB to ESA. It caused me a lot of stress and I went to hospital because they thought I was having a heart attack.
Thanks to my GP I am now in the support group. They have not said about a reassement so I don't think I will be reassessed for a while yet.

I was wondering while I have my doctors on my side should I try to get DLA?

I tried 6 times to get DLA before but I never got it. But my conditions are worse now.

They only thing that stops me is I don't wont to risk my ESA. Plus I don't wont the stress to but me in hospital.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Chris.(munclesmubb)
munclesmubb
UKFM Member

Re: Should I try for DLA/PIP?

Postby clubsound4 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:05 pm

I applied for DLA while on appeal for ESA I got the DLA first then the I won the ESA appeal and therefore had both but only low rate care,,I spoke to my GP and asked to be reassessed for the DLA at higher rate which only required me to fill in the dreaded big form!! I didnt have to be examined by a DWP doctor they had the info from my GP, a doctor who diagnosed me and my info from the form,,I can now say I have the mobility side of DLA also,,you have nothing to lose, they shouldnt be able to touch your ESA and as your condition has worsened I would certainly go for it!! good luck :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Re: Should I try for DLA/PIP?

Postby Miss Painful » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 pm

I really feel for you, I too have been down this road and ended up in hospital with a suspected heart attack. I was on Incapacity Benefit when I was of working age and also DLA. I was assesssed for my IB and lost it, so took them to the tribunal and won, but that was when I ended up in hospital. When I retired at 60 because I now get the state pension the Incapacity Benefit has stopped but I still get DLA. Last year I was called up to have an assessment for the DLA, I was not going to go due to what happened before, but my husband and my children said go for it. We ended up seeing a really nice Greek Surgeon who knew all about Fibro and said did i mind if he put me down as disabled, i said of course not. I had a letter to say that I now have DLA at the high rate and Part 1 of Care Componant Indefinately.

It is all trial and error, and all depends on the person that you are sent to see.

Very good luck. Go for it.

Gentle Hugs xxx :happy-easter2:
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits