Terrified

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Terrified

Postby cherrycola » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:38 am

I had my appointment with atos on the 25th march. I was in the wrg previously. I am totally sure i have failed and have now seen that i will not be able to appeal unless i am prepared to loose all my money and help with housing costs etc.
I am a single mum with a teenager and money is extremely tight as it is. I am due my next payment on friday but am so panicked it will be stopped and i will have nothing. I 've also found out that crisis loans have stopped so what will i do?
Obviously the worry is making my fibro so much worse, but i just really don't know who to turn to if i fail. I thought if i failed, i could appeal and go back on the assessment rate and i could scrape by but now thats not the case. Would my only option be to claim JSA?
I know it will seem im jumping the gun a bit but the worry is making me so ill. :cry:
cherrycola
UKFM Newbie

Re: Terrified

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:44 am

I know its easy for me to say ... please dont get anxious the result maybe ok so i would advise if your feeling the pressure to contact the DWP benefits line/your local JC and ask them what happens if you fail, they will know more with the knew changes.

Good luck and :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi
I dont think they will leave you with nothing, like Lisa advised call the job center and speak to one of their advisers, you might be able to claim other benefits like DLA as you are ill.Try not to worry as you will make yourself worse. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ruth2013 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi there,

I have just had my letter of rejection this morning after my assessment a month ago.

What they have written is utter nonsense and pure fabrication in parts and I am appealing.

If you get rejected, go straight to the doctors and get a sick note backdated to the date of the assessment.
Then write them a brief letter explaining that you wish to appeal.
They will then send you a form to fill in.
Once they recieve this form your benefits will be re in stated whilst appealing.

I spent the morning in tears wondering what I was going to do re all my housing benefit etc. My husband called them up for me as I was so distressed that I couldnt speak.

Obviously if you are not intending to appeal then you need to get down the jobcentre and get an appointment to start a claim for JSA

Hope this helps.
Ruth
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

The flat rate for ESA is approx 71.00 per week ,,they usually leave you on this till the date of your appeal and pay housing benefit depending on your circumstances,, I was on this for 9 months but won my appeal and got 40 per week backdated payment and am now in the support group and also have qualified for low rate care and high rate mobility,,it took this long because of the amount of backlog they said they had cause everyone and their uncle was appealing!! I would most certainly ring for an answer but unfortunately in your case the Easter break was in the way,, good luck :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits