the brown envelope

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

the brown envelope

Postby coz1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 pm

well it arrived"the brown envelope" from DLA,and its a peice of paper that says i can manage with mobility and care,i dont think they look at everything,im so fed up is it worth putting anything down when all they do is twist the words around.i constantly worry that people dont believe me,im embarrest if i winch in pain.do i carry on the fight.my doctor has been really good should i get a letter of him.
Atos said because i didnt want a wheelchair and other aids even if i could do with them,its my stupid pride thats stopped me getting them,
should i now give up and get them.I think if i start useing these aids i will depend on them,im so confused.
I trapped a nerve in my neck and had to have a bone removed,but left me 30%disabled in my left arm,everything just went downhill from then,fell down stairs twice,sleeping got bad pain got worse seemed i was going nutty with memory then PAIN,PAIN everywhere,even walking is so painful. A change of doctors and as soon as he saw me he said fibro :-o and pain relieve and other meds do take the edge off and most of the time i can put a brave face on,BUT not today :scream-1:
So sorry peoples to be going on youve all heard it all before :needhug:
coz1
UKFM Member

Re: the brown envelope

Postby joyster14 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:19 pm

:hugs: it is so frustrating knowing exactly what we should accept from ATOS, have you considered an appeal?
joyster14
UKFM Newbie

Postby bluesheep » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Contact your local Citizens advice, they are very good at sorting out this sort of thing and helping with appeals.
It's all very frustraiting you want to be independent and keep as mobile as possible and the physio's saying of use it or lose it take on a different meaning for our goverment!

:hugs:
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby Spange » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:52 pm

It seems to me that those who have pride in themselves and keep trying to soldier on, are thought less of by ATOS for doing so. They don't understand what a big effort it is to try and carry on regardless, to try to not give in. Definitely ask your GP to do a letter to them for you. Get help from the CAB, as mentioned in the other reply. I wish you luck with everything. We are all behind you :grouphug:
Spange
UKFM Member

Postby sha121165 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 pm

i had mine this wk too :( i had asked for it to be reconsidered and again they said no.....does anybody know if you choose not to appeal, how long do you have to wait to put in another claim?? :grouphug: to everyone.
sha121165
UKFM Newbie

Postby clubsound4 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Good evening,,firstly after reading some of the posts on here I think I must have the doctor from heaven,,get your appeal sent in ASAP,ask your GP to refer you to a pain management clinic and tell him exactly what you cant do ie shower,cook,housework,,ask for an occupational therapist to visit and they will see you in your own home and offer equipment,advice etc,,take everything you can because if you don't someone else will who probably does not deserve it,,put this down on your claim form,wishing you very good luck xx big bugs gently xxx :-)
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby jackapple » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 pm

i also got the brown envelope for the second time round even after a medical from thier doctors and still got turned down they do not look at the claim cos everything i put down they say i can manage with all that stuff so i will be appealling especially now i have been finished from my job
jackapple
UKFM Newbie

Postby coz1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 am

A BIG :hugs: AND THANKYOU,
to all your replys,they helped alot.I went to age uk,they read everything and have sent off stright away to ask them to relook at their decission while i have made appointment with my doctor for next week for a letter,he has already sent for a appointment at pain clinic so waiting for that.
Have rang to see if i can get employment and support,thats being sent out to me which would be a great help.
When my husband had seen what i wrote on here before,he sat me down and gave me a good talking to about how i should always except help and haveing the things that will help even if i wont use them now i just might need and use them another day.atos and others think just because we like to act and be strong,that if we have a disability we should act like weve got one :crazy:
thanks again to you all..coz xx
I would go :squirrel_nuts:without this website x
coz1
UKFM Member

Postby vicmac71 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:17 pm

I have had to ask the dwp three times to 're-look at my paperwork, and I appealed against them saying I was fit for work, the week I got letter to say it would be 7-11wks for the tribunal to be heard, and did I still want to go ahead with the tribunal, I got letter to say I would be getting ESA but in the work support group, so waited until I got my first interview with my adviser and even she told me to appeal the group they had place me In, so now waiting to hear from the dwp again, have to say hate getting brown envelops in the post now, but never give into them and take all the help you can, it is .not you giving in to fibro and you don't have to always use the aids but at least you will have them for when you really do need them, I had to use crutches for over five yrs from 2006 - 2011 and was using wheelchair by the end then had a yr and bit were just need walking stick now and again, but now back on crutches which I hate but that is fibro xx
vicmac71
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits