dla writeing to gp is this good or bad

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla writeing to gp is this good or bad

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:32 pm

hi, i applied for dla,

had letter to say they were looking at my claim last week,

today had a letter to say that they couldnt make a dissision yet as they had wrote to gp for a report,

i dont know if this is good or bad as i thought the gp would just say what my health conditions are and what medication im on and how long i had it,

im waiting to see him but cant get in untill next week (not about this)

my gp is good at understanding my health problems but he dosent realy know the full extent of how they affect me,
i dont say to him about needing help to get dressed or couldnt get off toilet,

you have a 10min slot and this is taken up with telling him your symptoms,

sorry going on just wanted to see if this was a good sign or not ,

thanks in advance,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: dla writeing to gp is this good or bad

Postby Tracey Walton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:49 pm

I dont know, really if it made any difference one way or another, my GP said they would help where they could, but it depends on what questions DLA ask. I am the same, I can tell the GP my symptoms but I dont tell them how things effect me on a day to day basis, how can they really know how things effect you if we dont tell them, so we cant really blame the gp can we. I have just had the same and had it refused so I am going to have to appeal. :(
Last edited by Tracey Walton on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracey Walton
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm

hi, thanks tracey i know what you mean so i will wait and see,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

I had the same letter twice within the last 4 weeks,,my GP had already said he would support me as really understands this fibro,,also I had just seen a lady who diagnosed me in a separate clinic,,they wrote to my GP and this lady and within a week I had a decision,,I was only on low rate care but was awarded high rate mobility as well with immediate effect,,so happy with the outcome..good luck with yours :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

hi, clubsound, thank you for your reply this is the first claim i have made so dont know how things work,

im glad that things were good for you because you hear some horrid things what people have to go through,

again thanks.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby paulamcl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:54 pm

hi im the same, ive applied and they wrote to my gp but like you i tell them my symptoms. ive now to go for a medical before they decide. good luck hope it all goes well for you x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm

In my case it was bad, my GP has never asked me what I can and can't do so speculated I could do everything :-x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:48 pm

This is where i always stress to people how important it is to explain what care and mobiliy needs you have when you see GP each time.

I always go along the lines off...

My back has gone into spasm and i need some muscle relaxants. The pain is so bad my mum / friend (whoever) is having to wash / dress / cook for me etc....

The fatigue is so dibilitating my carer is doing everything for me EG help washing you etc...

Its trying to explain the care your needing with what your seeing them about, trying to drop it in in the conversation so each time you go it all gets noted down so when the DLA letter arrives everything should be on the computer ready for whoever fills the form it.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:12 pm

hi thanks for the replys and i surpose i will just have to wait and see if they say no i will then go back to disc as they told me to and take it from there,

i hope the medical gose your way paula,

lola have you started to fight the decision,

and lisa thanks i will make sure i do this in the future,

thanks again
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits