appeal wrag to support

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

appeal wrag to support

Postby lucylulu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 am

just recieved my papers back after unsuccessful request for my reconsideration from wrag to support. if anyone can advise me where to go now, i am appealing, but am afraid they put me on jsa which i am not capable of work and all the stresses that this would bring. i have fibro and depression, can be very anxious at even the thought of having to be in certain situations.

i had a phone call from dwp telling me decision was nt overturned about a month ago. i was unwell that day and barely able to talk due to a virus. she asked me if anything was wrong with my voice, i had completley lost my voice for two weeks and was just beginning to return, and was very breathlass. however the conversation went ahead, i had stated my difficulties on my form relating to my anxiety, ie being among unknown people and places, but she says that i discussed physical health rather than mental health problems and claimed problems with engaging with unknown people, on the telephone did not show any signs of distress and was fully able to engage throughout the conversation.

i was very unwell and taken by surprise that day and feeling rotten, maybe i did stick to pyhsical. i also stated that i very rarely leave the house, she says i go shopping with my daughter, i maybe go out for a run in the car with my daughter and occassionally will go and do a bit of shopping if i am having a better day, which i stated. sometimes we will get to the carpark and the anxiety overcomes me and i just cannot leave the car, and we come back home, all this i relayed to her.

in question 7 i am referred to as ie the matters raised in his questionnaire and letter of appeal are at variance with the observations and clinical findings made during assessment, apart from i am now a man, and i might add i was put into wrag without a medical, i could go on but i know this is a long post, any advice please x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into small paragraphs and tidied punctuation up for easier reading.
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Re: appeal wrag to support

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:28 pm

I've done a bit of editing and tidying up of your post to make it a little easier to read as quite a few of us on here, incl myself, find it difficult to read larger blocks of text.

It sounds like you need some advice from people who are familiar with the appeals system as well as the benefits system to try and guide you thru this situation. Places can offer this advice incl Citizens Advice, Welfare Rights, and quite often there are local organisations that can offer this advice and help.

Googlying your area and advice centres might throw up the places that could help, and your local council should be able to provide you with their details.

As well as someone to help and guide you thru the system, you will also need to ask the DWP to send copies of everything relating to your claim, incl the Statement of Reasons that has been used in arriving at their decision. You need all this so it can be gone thru and pulled apart to show and prove why they have got the decision wrong.

You normally have to advise them in writing within something like a month that you are intending to appeal the decision, more info about the next steps in the system should have been included with any letters you have received from them about this.

There are changes due very soon to the way decisions can be appealed (some may have already come in, sorry rather foggy and can't see for looking at the moment for additional info on this :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ) so you need to try and get on with this as quickly as you can.

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Sorry lucylulu can't give you any practical advise as don't really know much about the whole ESA thing. but here's a virtual hug :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: or two just to let you know someone cares .

Do as FP says ( she's very knowledgable about these things ) I know its daunting especially if you are feeling unwell and in a flare but ,'fraid if you want to fight it you gotta go through these hoops . Hopefully you find someone close at hand that can help you .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby lucylulu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

thankyou for answering so quickly, it is already going to appeal, just waiting on a date, do you know if i can still submit any more additional evidence at this stage, or do they go by on what they have, or can i withdraw from going to appeal as quite frankly i dont think i have the puff for it, sorry im all over the place, i appreaciate both of your help and comments x
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

As far as I'm aware, you can still submit evidence until it gets close to the tribunal date. Have you got help from someone/somewhere for it as they should be able to give you more detailed/specific advice.

It's understandable that you're all over the place, the system is in a complete mess and it those of us who actually need the help that are taking the full force of the chaos :( :( :( :( I know I've said about getting the help and advice, but if you can, it will help make the energy you have for it go that bit further for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby clubsound4 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I think you should fight this either with the help of CAB or maybe welfare rights,,these act as a go between and would know how to express your needs and feelings better than yourself,,its much better to be able to deal with one person who knows your case and understands your problems,,I have gone down this road just very recently and was successful but I do remember how stressful this was at the time,,I was put on flat rate ESA while waiting for my appeal to come through as long as you send in medical certificates from your GP saying your unfit for work they cannot force you on to JSA,,GOOD LUCK x :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby lucylulu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

thanks again for all advice, i will ring cab tomorrow x
lucylulu
UKFM Member

Postby janallan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi, am new on here, my first post. I had a large form to fill in for the new rules regarding ESA, filled it in with as much information as I could and did it as my worst day not my best, not that I have many of them. Returned it and then got a letter to say I had to go for a medical and to say I was worried was an under statement. I then get a letter to say I don't have to go for a medical and the information I had given was enough and I was put in the category where I didn't have to go to work but had to go to the job centre when requested for courses, talks or voluntary work. This was stupid as I can't say one day or another what I will be like. I spoke to my GP and she wrote me a letter to appeal a d then 4 weeks later I had a letter to say my appeal was successful and that I was now put into the category where you are basically I suppose just updated every year or so. I am over the moon as you can imagine, please do not give up, seek advice and don't take No for an answer... Xxxx :lol: :lol: :lol:
janallan
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits