dla renewal

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dla renewal

Postby suebeat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Have put forms in for renewal, got text on Fri that they had been received, today got letter telling me that even tho my conditions are worse, last claim did not have fibro, I'm being down graded on care component,instead of mid rate, I'm now on low rate altho low rate mobility is still awarded, I know their changing system but they've also said award is indefinate. This starts from July. They o obviously havnt contacts my go as no time. My question is do I fight or just be grateful that I've got award? I don't know if I have energy to fight as Been in flare since December. Advice welcome.xx :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :needhug:
suebeat
UKFM Newbie

Re: dla renewal

Postby clsmbenn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:09 pm

i think its hard to say when i personally am not in that situation, but what might be an idea is to see someone from say CAB or a benefit advisor.

i know when i applied for ESA, CAB was really good and helped me to appeal etc.

sorry couldnt be any more help.

hope all goes well for you
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Re: dla renewal

Postby denys » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:23 pm

I agree get some advice quickly as there are time limits on these things but if they havent taken all information into account the fight, DLA is not awarded on conditions its on the effect those conditions have on your day to day living so having fibro doesnt mean you should be downgraded :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits